Your Collection - By the numbers 2023

AnthonyI

Seems enough people were interested in this post, so we'll keep it going for the new year. Here's a link to the original thread if you need to look back at if for any reason.

So, as per last year, this will be a running tally of your collection, submit your "starting" stats as below or however you see fit. You can post them at your own pace, either as you add/subtract, weekly/monthly or whatever. The "Free Additions" would be gifts, PIFs and so on.

I'd recommend the "Quote" method of updating, quote your previous post and and update accordingly, but again, however it works for you.

Simple format:
Collection size to date: XXXX
Purchased: XX
Free Additions: XX
Purged: 0
Net Gain/Loss: +/- XX
Last Updated: MM/DD/YYYY

Enjoy :)

I lied, I’m going to add in cds this year so my total is a little different. There will be a massive shift in quantity this year as I catalog all of them.

Collection size to date: 2483
Vinyl: 2436
Newly acquired: 0
Catalog Additions: 0
Net Gain: 0
Backlog: 61
Most recent addition: Patsy Cline - Showchase
Last Updated: 12/31/2022

I removed the loss because we all know that won’t happen. Changed the template to my proclivities.

Update:
Collection size to date: 2600
Vinyl: 2547
Newly acquired: 46
Purged: 2
Net Gain: 122
Backlog: 50
Most recent addition: Tony Sly - 12 Song Program
Last Updated: 5/31/23

Last edited:
I lied, I’m going to add in cds this year so my total is a little different. There will be a massive shift in quantity this year as I catalog all of them.

I removed the loss because we all know that won’t happen. Changed the template to my proclivities.

My plan to add CDs too but I culled a load and added back some I had previously culled so I might just wipe my CDs on cogs and do them again and then start lol.

My plan to add CDs too but I culled a load and added back some I had previously culled so I might just wipe my CDs on cogs and do them again and then start lol.
I mean I only have few logged. 5 of the 2483 are digital files. I don’t think I plan on logging all of those, but I might.

I’m not going there lol
I would never be done logging. What would be interesting is stuff I own in all three formats (I don’t have any cassettes or 8-tracks or any just sacd- I know I have some dual-disc)

Also, the stuff I do have logged is only available as digital and I don’t believe for streaming.

Collection size to date: 1534
Purchased (2022): XX
Purchased (2023): XX

I think I'm gonna switch from weekly to monthly. January will be a big one, as there is a backlog of stuff at the local postal hub that won't be here until next week - their four unplanned days off before Christmas really jammed up the works! Outside of the backlog and a few stray preorders between now and March I'm anticipating a slow couple of months out the gate as I attempt to stick to a vinyl diet and save up for some new build-in shelving - which is necessary at this point for me to be able to store more records if I want to buy more records!

EDIT - Unexpected Saturday delivery! Collection size adjusted accordingly.

Last edited:
Backlog: 59

I added “backlog” - releases I haven’t listened to.

Collection size to date: 1534
Purchased (2022): XX
Purchased (2023): XX

I think I'm gonna switch from weekly to monthly. January will be a big one, as there is a backlog of stuff at the local postal hub that won't be here until next week - their four unplanned days off before Christmas really jammed up the works! Outside of the backlog and a few stray preorders between now and March I'm anticipating a slow couple of months out the gate as I attempt to stick to a vinyl diet and save up for some new build-in shelving - which is necessary at this point for me to be able to store more records if I want to buy more records!

EDIT - Unexpected Saturday delivery! Collection size adjusted accordingly.

Unexpected Saturday delivery! Collection size adjusted accordingly.

This was a slow year for me, I did not purchase nearly as many records as usual due to health and other issues. Hoping to get back in the swing of things soon. I have multiple items on order - still impatiently waiting for Alice in Chains - Dirt, 30th anniversary box set which has once again been delayed.
My 2023 starting stats:

Collection size to date: 1918

I would never be done logging. What would be interesting is stuff I own in all three formats (I don’t have any cassettes or 8-tracks or any just sacd- I know I have some dual-disc)

Also, the stuff I do have logged is only available as digital and I don’t believe for streaming.
I added a digital custom field to my LPs in Cogs to keep track of what I also have in file format.

1672579543023.png

All my files are on my Plex server, the drop down has MP3, FLAC and FLAC-Rip

Backlog: 61
Most recent addition: Patsy Cline - Showchase

One last tweak to assist me in keeping track.

I spent the last week being honest with myself, purging things I wasn't spinning and (mostly) avoiding sales on things I (probably) didn't need. Feels like a good starting point.

Collection size to date: 842
Purchased: 0
Free Additions: 0
Net Gain/Loss: +/- 0
Last Updated: 01/01/2023

Curious to see how much discipline I can exert this year.

Last edited:
Back