What's Spinning

First spin from The Original Mono Recordings: The Mothership!

Bob Dylan - Blonde On Blonde (Columbia, 1966, mono box)

A whole new experience from my badly mastered CD of the stone ages. I don't have it on vinyl from before, either in stereo or mono, but this sure is nice, that much even I can appreciate!

IMG_20190712_184234.jpg

Lou Reed - The Blue Mask (Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 1)

Great pick from @Murfocakes, really enjoyed it. Im unfamiliar with Lou Reeds work and this seemed like a great introduction. There were a couple of songs that I weren't too keen on (Women seemed a bit iffy to me but then I suppose you have to take into account its age etc). Its certainly an album I will be spinning again soon, and I have sorted some more Lou Reed albums in my spotify to stream in the week!

Sidney Bechet - Jazz Classics Volume 2 (OG 1955 Blue Note - Lexington label, RVG, Ear)

Fantastic bit of old school jazz. Really sounds amazing, can't quite believe it was recorded over 60 years ago! I'm eagerly awaiting Vol 1 to arrive, the seller sent a later reissue by mistake the first time!

John Fahey ‎– Let Go
Varrick Records ‎– 008, 1984

Cut by Bill Kipper at Masterdisk
Pressed at Wakefield Manufacturing

xuHcSk.jpg

BU7wIw.jpg

Yeah, I'm quite enjoying it too. The organ (or guitar in jazz) isn't something that really turns me on but this isn't too bad. The Shadow of Your Smile is a bit/lot on the cheesy side though and the organ just reminds me of Blackpool pier, lol. The cover's bloody awful too! For all their iconic designs, BN put some stinkers out too.
Charles Kynard

Back