What's Spinning

Half my Wes Garland Cuts are surprisingly good, and the other half are some of the worst records I own.

I honestly wonder if it all comes down to United botching half their pressings.
I was surprised to see it was a Wes Garland cut because the Brookvale presser said "painstaking mastered from the original tapes by Jeffrey Norman" so I guess it probably depends on what WG is provided with. Must have been easier for him to make a good cut with what Norman sent him compared to some other releases.

Half my Wes Garland Cuts are surprisingly good, and the other half are some of the worst records I own.

I honestly wonder if it all comes down to United botching half their pressings.

Wes seems to cut pretty hot, which doesn’t mesh well with the poor pressing quality at United. Most of his stuff that I have is sibilance city, but I do bet he’d have a better rep if his stuff was pressed at a better plant.

Wes seems to cut pretty hot, which doesn’t mesh well with the poor pressing quality at United. Most of his stuff that I have is sibilance city, but I do bet he’d have a better rep if his stuff was pressed at a better plant.

Yep. I think he's a competent cutter - just that United doesn't do him any favors.

Eagles Of Death Metal Presents Boots Electric ‎– Eagles Of Death Metal Presents Boots Electric ‎Performing The Best Songs We Never Wrote
UMe ‎– B0029723-01, 2019

"Red & Blue Swirl" - but is more of a Purple with White smoke - There is another GZ US pressing of this one that is more red.

Cut by Kevin Bartley
Pressed at Rainbo

1oqPzM.jpg

TEBSeI.jpg

This was exactly as described and I was willing to roll on it for $8.00. I guess you can call it an "Official" bootleg, captured on a one channel recorder, cleaned up and pressed. The content is great, the album is quiet, but being one channel, its of course not Hi Fi in any way. More of a historical album than audiophile ;)

John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers ‎– John Mayall's Bluesbreakers Live In 1967 - Volume Two
Forty Below Records - 2016
What's-Spinning.jpg

Last edited:
Back