What's Spinning

Margo Price • That's how rumors get started
Magnolia signed version

A little disappointed in Magnolia for sending this without an inner sleeve, finger prints and dried haze on the record, and a seam split. However, once cleaned it sounds great so far.

View attachment 56148

wait, like the record was just in the cover sleeve? mine had a paper inner at least (with a split), fwiw.

C8461DCF-4181-4F49-962C-97240596CB1F.jpeg

willie nelson - first rose of spring

at 87, willie is more prolific than a vast majority of bands out there. seems like he has 1-2 records of new material out every year these days. they may not be career defining or culturally significant records, but his pace at that age has to be considered impressive.

The Shaggs ‎– Shaggs' Own Thing
Light In The Attic ‎– LITA 193, 1982/2020

Light In The Attic exclusive variant, Red in Yellow Color-in-color

Cut at Salt Mastering

Dmigia.jpg

rIBOL8.jpg

Last edited:
The agutierrezb 2019 record collection challenge

So I've decided to embark on my own personal challenge, which consists of listening every record in my collection before the end of the year. My record collection is not that big -only ~250-, but I still feel like there are a bunch of records I don't give enough attention to, while still adding more titles to my shelves.

For this reason I've set a couple of rules in order to play every record at least once before December 31st: I'll play at least one record a day, going from front to back in the way I have them sorted in my shelf. I can play a different record (i.e. Not the next one in alphabetical order) if I feel like listening to something else in any given moment, but at least one of the records I spin in the day has to be the LP in turn.

I didn't take pictures for the first two days, but I'll try to document the process from here on, so I'll be posting daily on this thread. Wish me luck!
#246: Christian Scott aTunde Adjuha - Stretch Music

#247: Serpentwithfeet - Soil

IMG_20200710_085010.jpg

wait, like the record was just in the cover sleeve? mine had a paper inner at least (with a split), fwiw.

Nope, not even paper. There is the poster inside and a download card.

And I guess this signed version is the only one without the 7" as well... Oh well

De La Soul ‎– 3 Feet High And Rising (Big Life, 1989 First UK Pressing - LP ONLY)

I picked up a first pressing of De La Soul Is Dead today for £1 and found that a first pressing of 3 Feet High And Rising was also in the sleeve. I was contemplating hunting down a sleeve then realised I could just keep it in the outer sleeve with the VMP pressing.

IMG_9630.JPG

Back