Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

and I admitted my part in it, but something really has to change on this subject

As I said we won't be micromanaging these conversations. None of the rules as outlined by Angus a few posts ago have been broken.

Until about 10 pages ago this thread was just chat about records plus the odd grumble. I'm sure it will go back to being that soon enough.

I'm sincerely asking that we try to do things that didn't work in the old place a bit differently here. We have this clean slate. Let's make the most of it!!!!
I wasn't sold on the lack of word censoring here, tbh. I kinda liked it in the old place. It never felt like 'censorship' to me. It felt like something that slices through anger with a little bit of a twinkle of the eye and injected some playfulness when it was needed most. After a few weeks here, I'm reaffirmed that I think it was helpful. (edit: that's sort of off-topic for your original point, but I've been thinking about it.)
I have been accused of being a fan
Honestly, a company's best customer being offended that he's been accused of being a fan of that company...this is the most scathing one-sentence review of VMP that I've ever seen.

Last edited:
that is still behind closed doors you are just adding another person to the closed door meeting
You seem to be the one with issues with all of this @Enoch, so I'm making it available to you to oversee. The rest of the site really doesn't care about all this dust up over VMP and it shouldn't contaminate the VMP forums. If those who feel this way want to talk to me, us about it, we encourage them to, if they don't want to, we can't change that. We've answered your questions, regardless of how you want to define them.

As I said we won't be micromanaging these conversations. None of the rules as outlined by Angus a few posts ago have been broken.

Until about 10 pages ago this thread was just chat about records plus the odd grumble. I'm sure it will go back to being that soon enough.
until the next post about VMP that gets a ton of negative comments repeating this cycle, look I received quite a few ad hominem things, do I do some in return, yes, am I proud of that, no, but if that is going to be a continued pattern then that is not acceptable to me. The staff keeps bringing up micromanaging, I have not called for that once. I have called for a clear statement on what will be accepted when people comment about VMP. It appears the general "rule" or whatever is not enough to make people comfortable hence my continued call for something more on this subject.

What are people afraid of exactly? A dissenting opinion? Because apart from that, and some marginally more confrontational comments, I personally haven’t seen anything that grants fear or terror of commenting in here
That is not for me to say, I am reporting what I have been messaged. I over braced myself this time and I fully admit that but I have been to told to expect it and that is where I have a problem. I am just to accept that things are going to turn bad (how bad depends on one's perspective). But no one should just expect things to go bad when reporting something of interest to others. I mean if I was coming on here to troll then sure it should be expected. If this is something people are just to expect there is a problem with the community.

That is not for me to say, I am reporting what I have been messaged. I over braced myself this time and I fully admit that but I have been to told to expect it and that is where I have a problem. I am just to accept that things are going to turn bad (how bad depends on one's perspective). But no one should just expect things to go bad when reporting something of interest to others. I mean if I was coming on here to troll then sure it should be expected. If this is something people are just to expect there is a problem with the community.

Those people should be messaging the mods or admin about it because unless they tell us then we can't know. @AnthonyI has reached out and I suggest they take him up on that offer.

New Rising is out today

So I've been listening to the new VMP Rising - Huntly's Low Grade Buzz - since it dropped in mid-March. I've been unwilling to pay for shipping from Australia, so I'm happy VMP is featuring them and I can get the vinyl now at a reasonable price. The album has it's ups and downs, more highs than lows for me, but the title track is just amazing, imo.

You can still get it directly from the bandcamp if you want to go that route, but without a US distributor, you'll be paying quite a bit (would come out to $38 for me).

Guys. I hope you all see that this is escalating behavior and isn't helpful. It isn't a shit storm. It isn't drama. It isn't a dumpster fire. It's a discussion. Let people work it out without diminishing it. Please.

I hope that didn't come across as jerky, I'm not trying to be. I'm sincerely asking that we try to do things that didn't work in the old place a bit differently here. We have this clean slate. Let's make the most of it!!!!
I'm going to respectfully disagree here. A thread was arguing incessantly for like 6 pages, and people were taking everything a little too seriously. At the end of the day these things we love so much are just paper and vinyl. People need to lighten up a bit, and a couple harmless jokes by people who don't want to argue on a forum should't be taken so personally (not to insinuate that you took them personally, but you get what I mean).

There needs to be a definite statement on what will be accepted and won't be concerning VMP and behavior toward people who want to say saying that is "I hate VMP."
Ok, look, I can't speak for anyone else obviously, but this right here is the problem I’m having with all of this.

By saying things like “there needs to be a definite statement”, you're making it sound like you're appealing to some employees at a business to release a statement, when this forum was basically started in opposition to that exact kind of mentality. We’re not running a company here, man. There doesn't have to be strict guidelines on what can be said where and who is allowed to respond to certain things.

I agree with the sentiment that people should not be attacked for their feelings about VMP. You're completely justified in getting upset if someone gives you shit purely because you're a member or not a member of VMP. But that doesn't seem to be what happened here, as others are trying to characterize it.

You posted a long report about your meeting with someone from VMP about the state of the company. Even further, you posted a status about it, inviting people who don't usually look at the forums about VMP (like me) to see what this is all about. And at this point, I’m confused about what exactly your motive was. You say you wanted to share the info with those who would be interested, without realizing someone can dislike VMP but still be interested in what you have to say. You seem to suggest that if you had done your report and only been met by posts from people saying “thanks for sharing”, then it would have all been fine. But this is a *discussion* thread. People come here to *discuss* what has been posted. And you seem to be of the mind that negative feedback to your report is coming solely from people coming at your neck just from the crime of daring to mention VMP.

There's a difference between trolls giving you hell just because and people genuinely responding and reacting to what you've posted. You can't make the decision that, if you don't like what they have to say about your post, their input is invalid. It is relevant that people say what they feel about VMP truthfully, and judging by the response to your report, many remain unconvinced that this meeting really means anything. That’s not an attack on you; that's a response to what you openly posted in a public forum.

Your request that you be told explicitly what you can and can't do on the forum makes no sense. The threads for posting about VMP are for posting about VMP. That includes discussion of both the positive and negative aspects of VMP. If someone uses this very thread to complain and let others know about a delay or a consistent, prevalent defect in a product from their store, they are using it the way it is intended. If you are so worried about not knowing if what you are posting in a specific thread is “allowed” in that thread, then just create a new thread for it.

As many others have stated, this is nothing meant to offend or insult you. But you need to be willing to accept that not everyone has an overly optimistic view of VMP, and that what you posted was in some ways essentially a mouthpiece for VMP to project onto the forum, and if you can't see why that might not be 100% welcomed on this particular forum, then I'm not quite sure what else to say.

Is anyone that is staff here still involved with VMP? I was looking at the list and I am not sure any are. I think that greatly factors in here if none are. I know for sure some aren't and are vocal about the fact.

Yes, there is at least one who is and posts pics of records in fresh grabs and what’s spinning.

Back