Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I find this to be a wholly depressing take tbh. Everyone should strive to make things more equitable.

That was also me and yeah it’s my opinion, I can’t give anyone else’s and every comment relating to taste is opinion.

I also think that the fear of missing out on music is bogus, there is a much bigger chance of missing out on great artists who are struggling to get a platform by not forcing the issue to give them a platform.
Why is this depressing? If more women are making better music, then I wouldn't want 50/50. I'd just want the best music. Equal outcomes doesn't produce equality it produces equal outcomes.

If your telling me its still hard for women and companies should do better, I'll buy that all day. But not by watching a prefixed outcome number.

I’m not sure it should be a goal of someone trying to sell records, but it was a stated goal of the company and that same company has a very diverse (gender-wise) staff. It shouldn’t be this hard for them to accomplish the goal. However, as with everything they promise, they fail to deliver.
If that's their stated goal, then I could see why not following through with it is an issue for people who are looking for them to lead the way.

I am fine with anyone being here, what I am not fine with is people hanging around just to post hostile things about VMP on anything that isn't hostile. You want to be critical of VMP, be critical, I am. Be mad at VMP, don't take it out on others who want to converse about VMP.
This is exactly where the phrase "don't shoot the messenger" would come in handy

I also think that the fear of missing out on music is bogus, there is a much bigger chance of missing out on great artists who are struggling to get a platform by not forcing the issue to give them a platform.

To clear the air, I do think you should "force" the system when necessary, but where it matters on the opportunity side not by watching to see if everyone's getting the same output.

I'm not afraid of missing out on anyone either way. Never said that or implied it.

This pressing better come with some solid gold at that price, holy hell

This pressing better come with some solid gold at that price, holy hell
This was just $24 on amazon :)

This was just $24 on amazon :)

90% of their business model lately feels like "let's sell things at higher prices and hope nobody notices. also, colors!!!!"

But then again, if that's what they gotta do to fund the actual good represses/remasters they sometimes come out with, I guess it's not the end of the world.

Back