Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

i would have picked this up until i saw the donation. so they asking for more than they usually do under the pretense of charity only to give two bucks to the newspaper kid from better off dead. bs.
I know sh!tting on VMP is a sport here, but please don’t buy this from VMP. You can buy it other places where the net proceeds are going to the Fund. It might not be much more than the $2 that VMP is donating per record, but at least these other retailers are not profiteering from it based of VMP FOMO

thanks for the link. not only is it cheaper - but ALL net proceeds are going to charity. nothing worse than someone with an already tarnished rep hiding behind charity to profit. utter horseshit.

I know sh!tting on VMP is a sport here, but please don’t buy this from VMP. You can buy it other places where the net proceeds are going to the Fund. It might not be much more than the $2 that VMP is donating per record, but at least these other retailers are not profiteering from it based of VMP FOMO

Any particular reason you want the VMP? I can get you a canadian link for $35 + shipping (probably like 10-15).
Honestly, because I don't trust that pressing plant and I have credits. IRP is dodgy in my experience and I'm already seeing reports of noise on the various pressings of this one. And my original Psychic had noise which I replaced when I got the VMP, which is clean. If it hits swaps and I can use my credits it'll cost next to nothing and I can get a replacement if the press is duff.

Honestly, because I don't trust that pressing plant and I have credits. IRP is dodgy in my experience and I'm already seeing reports of noise on the various pressings of this one. And my original Psychic had noise which I replaced when I got the VMP, which is clean. If it hits swaps and I can use my credits it'll cost next to nothing and I can get a replacement if the press is duff.
Haven't spun my copy (same one I sent you yet), but I think a colleague of mine just bought it for like $10 more at Rotate This. Will report on how the black sounds.

Getting a bit nervous about my Freddie Hubbard. It has been "en route" the the Distribution Centre for 10 days now. Normally DHL gets it someplace in 3-4 days where it is scanned again (and waits for its bus north). Still don't understand the logic behind shipping orders separately, especially international.

Getting a bit nervous about my Freddie Hubbard. It has been "en route" the the Distribution Centre for 10 days now. Normally DHL gets it someplace in 3-4 days where it is scanned again (and waits for its bus north). Still don't understand the logic behind shipping orders separately, especially international.
I wouldn't worry about it just yet. Tracking has been wonky and my last order did something similar and next thing it was magically out for delivery from tforce. Check in all the dropdowns on the DHL tracking page and you may see a TF tracking number. If it's there run it through TForce tracking page and see if it comes up tomorrow or something.

Because things get extra delayed and international tracking is so fucked most of the time anymore I tend to give a lot of benefit of the doubt. Perhaps too much though - I had a shipment inbound from Real Gone for a month and a day with no tracking movement before finally reaching out today and they were like, "oh yeah, that's very lost!" Fortunately they still had some and a replacement is on its way now.

Just had a VERY VMP response from VMP.

I noticed that on the listing for the 'Relief - A Benefit for the Jazz Foundation of America's Musician's Emergency Fund’ the description states that "The proceeds earned from the album will go toward the Jazz Foundation of America’s Musician’s Emergency fund” but also states that $2 per sale is being donated.

I emailed this and asked which it was, the proceeds or $2, as every other listing online has all of the profit going to the foundation. They got back thanking me for raising the error which I assumed was the $2 but as it turns out the actual error was in them implying it would be the whole proceeds. So $2 it is. They even updated the listing to say "Part of the proceeds earned from the album will go toward..."

Classic.

Back