Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Bloody hell I just added Yussef Dayes to my discography collection and what. the. hell.

I cannot believe how much its going for. People are insane.
That's crazy, but I think there is something odd with those sales listings, 2 of the sold items are within the space of 2 days & have the same comments 'Comments: SEALED! PERFECT CONDITION! FAST SHIPPING!'

there is another for sale from a new seller that has used the same comments. I'm not sure of this is my lockdown conspiracy radar going into overdrive, but just seems a bit weird.

That's crazy, but I think there is something odd with those sales listings, 2 of the sold items are within the space of 2 days & have the same comments 'Comments: SEALED! PERFECT CONDITION! FAST SHIPPING!'

there is another for sale from a new seller that has used the same comments. I'm not sure of this is my lockdown conspiracy radar going into overdrive, but just seems a bit weird.

I have yet to listen to my copy but can say with utmost certainty that it is NOT worth the 210 Euros that is being asked there. Yeah, its a nice package, interesting marbling, and nice booklet......but not 210 Euro nice.

As someone that has sold a modern record for an eye-watering amount (Frank Ocean Blonde), I always feel like a hypocrite for having a go at these type of listings. If I had a copy for sale I would use the averages for guidance as well in all honesty. Buying to flip is another thing entirely though.

I have yet to listen to my copy but can say with utmost certainty that it is NOT worth the 210 Euros that is being asked there. Yeah, its a nice package, interesting marbling, and nice booklet......but not 210 Euro nice.

As someone that has sold a modern record for an eye-watering amount (Frank Ocean Blonde), I always feel like a hypocrite for having a go at these type of listings. If I had a copy for sale I would use the averages for guidance as well in all honesty. Buying to flip is another thing entirely though.

if I had my act together (one day I'll get my records into discogs), and I'd have picked up a copy of Yussef in Swaps, I would be sticking on for sale to subsidise my other purchases :)

If people want to pay that much then fine, I just wonder if somehow the flippers are inflating the sold prices artificially to fire up the market so they can sell at higher prices. I'm not even sure that's possible on cogs.

Anyone used to look forward to these store drop days and now wonder what overpriced records are they going to unleash upon us this week? I'm guessing the Charlie Brown will go for about $26-30 and any 2LP will easily be in the $40-50 range.

Anyone used to look forward to these store drop days and now wonder what overpriced records are they going to unleash upon us this week? I'm guessing the Charlie Brown will go for about $26-30 and any 2LP will easily be in the $40-50 range.
$34 for Charlie Brown is my prediction.

Back