Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I like the Young Jesus avatar! I heard a couple of their songs on an episode of the OA recently and have been listening to that album. Great stuff
A tonnnnn of people have been turned onto them by the OA, which is great for them. It was a top 5 record for me last year and their S/T the year before was high on my list as well. A great band.

Does QRP ever use unmarked mofi style inner sleeves, or are they always branded as QRP?

according to the tales of the deadwax thing I posted earlier there is often no way of identifying a QRP press, they only use the QRP branded inner sleeve if asked by the label, and they don't always print anything in the dead wax. I probably would expect at least a sticker in the outer bag but the only way to tell would be to message QRP or Impulse.

according to the tales of the deadwax thing I posted earlier there is often no way of identifying a QRP press, they only use the QRP branded inner sleeve if it rasked by the label, and they don't always print anything in the dead wax. I probably would expect at least a sticker in the outer bag but the only way to tell would be to message QRP or Impulse.

That's so mysterious and frustrating. Seems like there should be a way to look this stuff up. Or rather I wish there was a way, I should say.

Lot of chat here about The Comet Is Coming. They are currently on tour in the US, with UK dates at the end of the year (im seeing them again in London in December) and they are FANTASTIC live. I saw them on Sunday at the Cross The Tracks festival and they were definitely a highlight!
Shabaka Hutchings gets a lot of praise (deservedly so) as the 'front man' but it was Dan Leavers on keys that really had the crowd jumping, his energy was amazing and all 3 of them kept looking at each other and smiling at the crowds reactions.

Here's a photo I took at the weekend.

Lot of chat here about The Comet Is Coming. They are currently on tour in the US, with UK dates at the end of the year (im seeing them again in London in December) and they are FANTASTIC live. I saw them on Sunday at the Cross The Tracks festival and they were definitely a highlight!
Shabaka Hutchings gets a lot of praise (deservedly so) as the 'front man' but it was Dan Leavers on keys that really had the crowd jumping, his energy was amazing and all 3 of them kept looking at each other and smiling at the crowds reactions.

View attachment 6300

Just looked it up. They are playing at the Sleeping Village in Chicago tomorrow. Might have to grab some tickets since they are only $17

View attachment 6300

Just grabbed a ticket to see them in Portland next week. Thanks for the heads up!

Just looked it up. They are playing at the Sleeping Village in Chicago tomorrow. Might have to grab some tickets since they are only $17
Just grabbed a ticket to see them in Portland next week. Thanks for the heads up!

I missed a trick here, I should have contacts the band first and sorted out a cut of the ticket sales :ROFLMAO:

Welp, no Weyes Blood for me this month. (sigh). I'm very curious what VMP's plan is going to end up being to remedy that.
I saw on the reddit that there was confirmation that they are pressing an additional 250.

Also: re: Vagabon. I really love “Flood Hands” but feel like I can probably sit on that preorder for a little bit. I think she’s still underrated and it doesn’t ship till October (allegedly).

Had a feeling this was coming once it was announced. It’s a pretty decent price too. $26 on her official store after shipping (though you get a limited edition litho, signed I believe)
Yeah the extra $3 makes me feel much better supporting her and Nonesuch directly. Plus a signed litho is a nice addition. Very similar color too, no?

Ju

View attachment 6300

Just picked up my ticket for the Portland show!

Back