Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Damnit I missed the Pharoah Sanders & FP :(. Its my second day at my new job and I was too zeroed into on-boarding like a good little new hire. CURSE THIS EMPLOYED LIFE! Can you believe that I had records arrive today and had no idea that they were out for delivery. This is new for me, I'm usually staring forlornly out the window looking for Daisy the USPS lady all day.

disclaimer: I recognize how fortunate I am to be employed during these trying times and I hope my sarcastic comment doesn't trigger anyone who may be dealing with circumstances different than mine. Keep your head up and keep putting one foot in front of the other, you'll find what you're looking for ❤️

Damnit I missed the Pharoah Sanders & FP :(. Its my second day at my new job and I was too zeroed into on-boarding like a good little new hire. CURSE THIS EMPLOYED LIFE! Can you believe that I had records arrive today and had no idea that they were out for delivery. This is new for me, I'm usually staring forlornly out the window looking for Daisy the USPS lady all day.

disclaimer: I recognize how fortunate I am to be employed during these trying times and I hope my sarcastic comment doesn't trigger anyone who may be dealing with circumstances different than mine. Keep your head up and keep putting one foot in front of the other, you'll find what you're looking for ❤️
Congratulations on the new job!!! 🍾🥂😘

Looks like this version might be pressed at RTI, so would be a very good option.

Also, Chris Bellman has done the Lacquers on this.

Looks like this version might be pressed at RTI, so would be a very good option.

Also, Chris Bellman has done the Lacquers on this.

Man I'm regretting getting the vmp instead of the bleep,, that color looks amazing and it includes the mp3 version

Man I'm regretting getting the vmp instead of the bleep,, that color looks amazing and it includes the mp3 version
I might prefer Pallas as a pressing plant (only recently since RTI has been overworked) but it will be interesting to see any difference. Easy enough to get an MP3 download of the album I’m sure. I almost bought it from bandcamp to get the FLAC but went with VMP

lol

x12rhqkpi9i61.jpg

lmao

1WpPdDx.jpg

I’m still waiting for mine, it should FINALLY arrive later this week. I honestly feel like they would’ve forgotten my order (from 7 months ago) if I hadn’t contacted customer service last week.

My Sonny Sharrock arrived yesterday. Top seam split (1-2 inches) and minor corner bent, both very on brand. I assume they wouldn't be able to provide a replacement. Upon an initial, cursory listen, the record itself plays and sounds great, so I'm unlikely to contact CS.

And with that I'm finally done with VMP. I'm disgusted by their current business model ("Let's sell really expensive vinyl in limited quantities. Our customers will pay high prices because they will tell themselves they can always flip overpriced records on Discogs. Vinyl Me, Ponzi.").

OK then, how many people had a faulty Monk?

I just noticed this. Makes me think @Mather might have something to do with this. Maybe he's getting his own back for all the dished discs sent his way :unsure:

View attachment 89249
My Monk is perfectly fine but then maybe they're sending all the good copies to Canada.

(I really haven't heard many bad things about this release)

OK then, how many people had a faulty Monk?

I just noticed this. Makes me think @Mather might have something to do with this. Maybe he's getting his own back for all the dished discs sent his way :unsure:

View attachment 89249
Good ol' Precision Record Pressing. Subsidiary of good ol' GZ. Complete with all the same half assed pressing issues... I'm sad to say they're about 8 kms from my house.

Back