Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Oh god no! @NathanRicaud is 100% the most irresponsible but there are far more irresponsible people in between. You just seem like you have a good job no kids and like to buy a lot of records. Thats what I keep telling myself about myself too though so it could just be a delusion...
I don’t think so! I buy a lot and go crazy, but I’m moving out of home this weekend and I currently am not in debt, don’t do any drugs, done owe anyone anything and am physically fit! I think I’m doing really well when it comes to buying vinyl. I’m still buying vinyl, but I’ve cut down and will still afford to be able to buy vinyl, eat out, live out of home and still get some PT sessions! 🔥🔥🔥

Yeah I've got the Mingus One Step. It's the main one I wanted out of the bunch they've done. It's very nice, I mean both discs are dished to high hell but... sounds nice.
One of my discs are also dished but it still plays alright! I’ve got six One-Step pressings! All thanks to taking out my retirement fund! I’m so happy I was able to do that! 🙊🙌

I’ve got two kallax’s full of Analogue Productions pressings I purchased all from Acoustic Sounds too! I love my audiophile collection! 😍

I'm looking at a house purchase possibly this year, 2022 at the latest depending what the market looks like. I can't imagine what a dedicated music room will do to me in the future.
Omg, that’ll be amazing if you had a vinyl music room! Make it cool and into a cool cocktail bar space where you spin vinyl! Imagine how alternative and cool that would be! 😍

I’ll be inviting myself over! 😊

I don’t think so! I buy a lot and go crazy, but I’m moving out of home this weekend and I currently am not in debt, don’t do any drugs, done owe anyone anything and am physically fit! I think I’m doing really well when it comes to buying vinyl. I’m still buying vinyl, but I’ve cut down and will still afford to be able to buy vinyl, eat out, live out of home and still get some PT sessions! 🔥🔥🔥
Congrats on moving out and getting your own place! That’s exciting.

I'm looking at a house purchase possibly this year, 2022 at the latest depending what the market looks like. I can't imagine what a dedicated music room will do to me in the future.
It’s a thing. I was gonna have a dedicated music room in our finished basement but the air is too damp down there even with a dehumidifier running non stop. So instead I have completely taken over a spare bedroom (which also doubles as my WFH office). I love it, but man it filled up fast.

Last edited:
I was at around 100 records give or take until we purchased a home back in 2016. Now I am at 1,200 give or take. I need more storage space and I need to sell some stuff but I haven’t done either yet. Maybe this year... [checks the 15+ albums that have been purchased since the beginning of 2021]... or next.

I'm at just under 300, started buying records in 2015. I guess what I'm saying is that I'm a better person than most of you.

Excluding 7" records, I am at about 1600. Been seriously buying for about 10 years.

My wife knew what I was when she married me ;)

It’s a thing. I was gonna have a dedicated music in my finished basement but the air is too damp down there even with a dehumidifier running non stop. So instead I have completely taken over a spare bedroom (which also doubles as my WFH office). I love it, but ban it filled up fast.
This is where I’m at currently. Hijacked a spare bedroom we were only using for storage and have made it my record listening room and home office while I work remotely. It seems like a decent sized room before I moved all my shit in here.... now it seems to have shrunk? Weird.

Have you seen @Mather ? Does he look like a milk crate kinda guy?

Me on the other hand, definitely a milk crate guy
No, definitely not hahah I was posting that more for the general discussion. It took me a while of searching to find those when I was trying to come up with a more modular solution than kallax. I can't wait to buy a house (hopefully soon!) and move everything to Kallax units. However for the time being these are great!

I just bought a house, will be ready in April...and it has an 18' X 15' bonus room that will be records/entertainment/desk area. I'm so looking forward to this!

I really can't get into the Dead, although I love so many bands that they influenced. So it would probably be one of those. Hiss Golden Messenger is one that I've seen cover the Dead, and it sounds so much better to my ears. There are a bunch of bands that I should enjoy and are right up my alley, but just don't catch me....a couple examples are Drive By Truckers and John Prine (although I am getting the VMP ROTM to try and get through that).

I’m with you on Drive-by Truckers, but Prine? Seriously? Wow, I’m stunned.

Back