Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

It could be genius. It's either they have cash flow issues and are trying to raise short term capital pushing to yearly or they've priced to deliberately thin out the membership which would either mean their pressing and distribution costs per album are lower of they press less, they can reduce storage overheads or they're not entirely sure what they're doing.

The international sub almost implies that they'd rather the lot of us all piss off
with their shoddily run business over the past few years, you could argue they've wanted all of us to piss off for awhile.

either way, they'll never get my money again after my sub runs out after Spiritualized.

What should the last thing I ever buy from vmp be (I got 20 bucks in credits and might as well burn them since I don't think they work for add on tracks

I actually should thank VMP. Now I can take the $54 I was sending them every month and spend it on Blue Note Tone Poets and 80 series records.
I thought that too. Then I went down the Japanese Jazz rabbit hole. That is when things started getting bad for me. That and because of these Jazz and Pre-Order threads, Online Vinyl Deals thread too actually...
Right? Now I can actually buy the records I’ve had my eyes on for years and not just be duped into “oooh, yeah I think I need that right?”
Hahaha! Me too, first on Dylan mofis and now on piles of second hand records on Discogs...
Awesome

Now I can pick up now stuff from Bandcamp, Newbury comics, urban outfitters (this year I gotta get Lana), stuff I had on my bullmoose wishlist, the black version of that dashboard confessional all, vand trying to be team noswap on the n+g even though I already skipped 3 times

In a weird turn of events @NathanRicaud will no longer get a free year membership, but will actually be paid to keep a membership. Because this is the bizarro world I want to live in.
Omg, I can’t believe the price hike.....🤐🤐🤐

I really hope VMP don’t change their name. I wanna have free membership for as long as possible! 🙈

I don’t think there is a way of selling an almost 50% price rise...
That’s why you don’t do it in one go, and dangle some carrots along the way. They don’t appear to have offered anything to keep people incentivised to stay from what I can see, other than the odd tweet reply to say they’ve got some good records coming.

Back