Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Where should I go to get vinyl now.. a place with exclusives that are very pretty and can give essential stuff that can feel curated for me..

And not cost an arm

N&G AotM threads.

Time for a Needles & Grooves subscription service :cool:🤟

N&G AotM threads. Unlimited swaps, you can skip a month, you can hunt for the variant you want and you have a different genre every month. Subscription is free by the way but you can Paypal me any extra dollar you'll be saving cancelling (I'll take your subscription at the normal rate).

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Never mind on the discounted prices, I guess I’ll just go fuck myself.
CDAC90C0-83FF-4815-B55C-D643BA57E3B8.jpeg
Still, $89 for three months is about on par with what I paid for a monthly before.
89/3 = $29.67 a record
Whereas:
164/6 = $27.33 a record
might just get the three month then call it quits after.

what a clown show. good business move bumping prices up that much during a pandemic economy...

It could be genius. It's either they have cash flow issues and are trying to raise short term capital pushing to yearly or they've priced to deliberately thin out the membership which would either mean their pressing and distribution costs per album are lower of they press less, they can reduce storage overheads or they're not entirely sure what they're doing.

The international sub almost implies that they'd rather the lot of us all piss off

I just did quick dumb math, and it is really startling how much the Grateful Dead box may have screwed them. I imagine as a distributor, their margins are very thin so even conservatively if we were to say each Dead box cost them $300, and they are sitting on say 4,000 boxes...

That's 1.2 million dollars of dead inventory. I work for a distributor significantly larger than VMP, and for us that would be disastrous. For them? Its enough to tank the company, and in the interim lead to them trying to recoup losses through things like increasing prices.
Maybe worth sticking around and getting that Dead box as a swap

I have a yearly sub due to renew in December, but no option to renew with the discount. I'm out.
It seems like from the reddit threads that everyone will have the option to do a "bridge" renewal when their sub is running out, but only when the sub is about to expire, so you would get your discounted option in December

It could be genius. It's either they have cash flow issues and are trying to raise short term capital pushing to monthly or they've priced to deliberately thin out the membership which would either mean their pressing and distribution costs per album are lower of they press less, they can reduce storage overheads or they're not entirely sure what they're doing.

The international sub almost implies that they'd rather the lot of us all piss off
It's the 2 bolded.

Back