Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

If we are going to get store exclusives for any of the June ROTM’s, then I really hope we get Albert King or The White Stripes exclsuives! I would be devastated if we got a Future store exclusive instead of an Albert King or The White Stripes exclusive!

Really hoping we get The White Stripes’ White Blood Cells or Elephant (or both of them) as store exclusives to accompany the De Stijl Essentials ROTM! 🤞🤞🤞
I really hope we get an Albert exclusive!

I picked up Moses Sumney from my local. The one black/one white variant for $25. The packaging really is great. Thick gatefold with two really nice lyric booklets, with really cool art direction. Love getting something that feels like some love and care went into it instead of just a single pocket with a white paper inner sleeve. Makes me feel a lot better about buying records when you get something nice for a reasonable price.

So I'm streaming Hail Ceasar this morning, and it sounds VERY familiar to me. Turns out Mr. Frazier was also the organist on Gary Chandler - Outlook.
Once I heard the organ solos on Outlook I immediately looked him up. This dude can rip. The Zia exclusive actually goes better with the Outlook VMP exclusive IMO.

I picked up Moses Sumney from my local. The one black/one white variant for $25. The packaging really is great. Thick gatefold with two really nice lyric booklets, with really cool art direction. Love getting something that feels like some love and care went into it instead of just a single pocket with a white paper inner sleeve. Makes me feel a lot better about buying records when you get something nice for a reasonable price.
I am eagerly awaiting mine! I bought mine from Moses' bandcamp and it says it shipped over a week ago. I know media mail is slow but I have been holding off listening to the album so far until I get it.

You are in for a treat with Part 1. Infinitely more complex than Aromanticism. I'm waiting for Part 2 on vinyl.
It has been hard to wait on it since I love Moses. But I knew I'd want to spin it because I'll likely focus way more on the music that way. And then I got the shipping notice last week and got even more excited haha.

yoooo. ambrose is amazing...i might have to try to grab that...

Oh my days I did NOT expect the Ambrose Akinmusire drop. Seriously guys, please check this guy out, hes amazing. £22 including shipping......yeah im sold.

This has been one of my favourite drops in a while, both Ambrose Akinmusire and Ceasar Frazier, im super excited for these.

Never heard of him until now but I'm liking the one new track that'll be on the album (Mr. Roscoe). Pressed at Furnace, which seems like they've done a good job pressing the Garner record, and mastered by Bernie Grundman so I think I'm sold.
he is incredible. I sadly had tix to see him at Lincoln Center in NYC but it was cancelled due to COVID. Blue Note is also pressing the vinyl on black but this seems to be the only variant (so far). His album in the BN VMP box set is the album I spin the most.

Worth noting the BN pressing says it wont ship until end of August.

Oh my days I did NOT expect the Ambrose Akinmusire drop. Seriously guys, please check this guy out, hes amazing. £22 including shipping......yeah im sold.

This has been one of my favourite drops in a while, both Ambrose Akinmusire and Ceasar Frazier, im super excited for these.
I also grabbed them two! Super happy with both those records! Loved today’s drop as well! 🔥♥️👍

Back