Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

VMP are using folks like you for short-term financing. They should be paying you a fee or interest.

My wife tells me some suppliers do this to small businesses. Make an 'error' on their orders (overshipping/overbilling) or just making billing 'mistakes,' then taking a while to refund the overcharges. It's how they create 'float' or free short-term loans on someone else's dime.

Shady AF.

Heres the response I got.

"Hey Kevin,
My apologies. When the person cancelling those orders was cancelling and refunding them, they were not alerted to uncheck a certain box that would restock the cancelled record.
So those did get added back, but its not because we have copies. Those orders are going to get cancelled too :/ We have since gotten on the same page with this confusion, but I am so sorry for the frustration!
Let me know if you have any other questions, or if you need anything else. All the best!
-Paul"

So imaginary packages that didn't exist got put back in the store and were sold but will get refunded again. This is so fucked up.

So imaginary packages that didn't exist got put back in the store and were sold but will get refunded again. This is so fucked up.
I'm sitting here having lunch with two of my good friends, Sasquatch and the Flying Pig. I asked them about the likelihood that those records were actually ever in stock and they both just shook their heads. So don't worry, we all highly doubt those ever ship.
Your honor, I present to you exhibit A.

"Hey Kevin,
My apologies. When the person cancelling those orders was cancelling and refunding them, they were not alerted to uncheck a certain box that would restock the cancelled record.
So those did get added back, but its not because we have copies. Those orders are going to get cancelled too :/ We have since gotten on the same page with this confusion, but I am so sorry for the frustration!
Let me know if you have any other questions, or if you need anything else. All the best!
-Paul"

Pathetic. The CS rep shouldn't be describing back-end processes to explain a fuck-up.

I think that’s a great detailed reply. Exactly what I want to hear and I can see how it happened.
I think any time a CS rep feels the need to peel back the curtain, it's just making excuses. Most customers don't really care how or why things happen; they just want their order. But I respect the difference of opinion.

I think any time a CS rep feels the need to peel back the curtain, it's just making excuses. Most customers don't really care how or why things happen; they just want their order. But I respect the difference of opinion.
Well to be fair I think the original poster had specifically asked CS how this could have happened and pushed for a response after just being told it was oversold . And he got a detailed response. Fair enough I think.

So store drops are just random now?
Seems on brand.

Has anyone received a flat copy of Swim?
Both of my records have a slight wobble at a point.
And at 45rpm, it’s scary.

Wondering if I should ask for a replacement
or just try to flatten it myself. 🤔
I requested a replacement. I sent in a video of the skip caused by the warp. I got a shipping notice withing 24 hours, and an initial response same day. I did copy the CEO on the email.

Finally got an email that my Blossom Dearie order was cancelled and refunded. No refund yet but it looks like it just happened today :rolleyes: So stupid. I would wager I was one of the first people to snag a copy when the copies went up too.

Anyone know how they decide who gets one and who doesn’t? Or is it just fucking random? It’s obviously not first come, first served as noted by countless other people who experienced the same thing.

Has anyone received a flat copy of Swim?
Both of my records have a slight wobble at a point.
And at 45rpm, it’s scary.

Wondering if I should ask for a replacement
or just try to flatten it myself. 🤔
I did... mostly. If I want to be picky, the first record has a tiny bit of warp if I look closely, but not to the point where it affects anything. Second record is flat.

Finally got an email that my Blossom Dearie order was cancelled and refunded. No refund yet but it looks like it just happened today :rolleyes: So stupid. I would wager I was one of the first people to snag a copy when the copies went up too.

Anyone know how they decide who gets one and who doesn’t? Or is it just fucking random? It’s obviously not first come, first served as noted by countless other people who experienced the same thing.
This might have to do with it.

"Hey Kevin,
-Paul"

I did... mostly. If I want to be picky, the first record has a tiny bit of warp if I look closely, but not to the point where it affects anything. Second record is flat.
I’ve had some success flattening VMP warped records to that point, so hoping I can with this album.
So happy I only paid the $23 swap price for it though.

Back