Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

thats awesome Nathan. glad it went smooth for you and hope theres more people they got it right for.
what are the fist two in the bottom row starting on the right ?
Kate Bollinger’s EP “I Don’t Wanna Lose” and Sampa The Great’s “The Return” are those two albums in the picture! 💎

Kate Bollinger’s EP is really dreamy, velvety and sweet and dozy and homegrown and just flourishes with charm. It’s a great EP that has an romantic autumn aesthetic, a sweet summer aesthetic but also has a soothing, fresh spring feel! 🍂🍃🥀🌻

Sampa The Great’s album is a political, introspective, funky, jazzy, soulful hip-hop conceptual album that feels righteous and empowering! It’s a really feel-good, celebratory, victorious kind of album! Both releases are comforting in their own sense and have a jazzy neo-soul sound that sounds timeless yet fresh! 👑✊📣🎉

What kind of music do you like BazookaTooth? Are you into neo-soul? Do you like artists like Amy Winehouse, D’Angelo and Erykah Badu? 🤔

Sampa The Great’s album is a political, introspective, funky, jazzy, soulful hip-hop conceptual album that feels righteous and empowering! It’s a really feel-good, celebratory, victorious kind of album! Both releases are comforting in their own sense and have a jazzy neo-soul sound that sounds timeless yet fresh! 👑✊📣🎉

I saw Sampa The Great live last year. She was this tiny little thing that came charging onto this huge stage and gave it her all for the entire set. Never seen anything like it, so much energy and she KILLED it.

I saw Sampa The Great live last year. She was this tiny little thing that came charging onto this huge stage and gave it her all for the entire set. Never seen anything like it, so much energy and she KILLED it.
Yeah, she has so much energy but, it’s all positive, feel-good energy. So everyone’s just vibing and jamming! I’m excited to see her again! She’s my favourite rapper from Australia. She’s the only rapper from Australia right now I’d want to see live actually. I like REMI, but he’s been quiet and I don’t ‘love’ most his music, I just like it. Sampa The Great is something special though! 👌

Yeah, she has so much energy but, it’s all positive, feel-good energy. So everyone’s just vibing and jamming! I’m excited to see her again! She’s my favourite rapper from Australia. She’s the only rapper right now I’d want to see live actually. I like REMI, but he’s been quiet and I don’t ‘love’ most his music, I just like it. Sampa The Great is something special though! 👌
Didnt realize shes from Oz! Cool stuff for sure!

It’s amazing how long people wait. and how many problems have to be over come just to get your Vinyl ! Anyone buying records in the 1970s/80s etc etc. would think us mad.

I popped into my local today and could have picked up numerous VMP tracks / exclusives cheaper and all it took was a slight deviation on my usual route thru City ctr.
And i’m starting my Cutback now (oops). Just needed that Nick Cave Ghosteen (needed).

It’s amazing how long people wait. and how many problems have to be over come just to get your Vinyl ! Anyone buying records in the 1970s/80s etc etc. would think us mad.

I popped into my local today and could have picked up numerous VMP tracks / exclusives cheaper and all it took was a slight deviation on my usual route thru City ctr.
And i’m starting my Cutback now (oops). Just needed that Nick Cave Ghosteen (needed).

I'm going to have to break my diet a bit to get Ghosteen, just waiting on a good price. Hovering at $30, but I need a deal.

The internet has definitively made us lazier as consumers. I was talking to my girlfriend about this the other night. I work in central london and commute here every day (plus most weekends). Im a 15 min tube journey (or even just a 45min walk) from a cluster of the best record shops in the country, yet its just easier for me to open up a website and place an order for it to be delivered.

Its such a bad routine to fall in, and it doesn't help that the records online are regularly cheaper than in store.

They have to be so in over their heads right now. All the shipping and platform problems. Not to mention their editorial is god damn awful right now. They have an entire sub for “ESSENTIAL” records and their “Why We Chose This” columns are fucking embarrassing.
Storf literally says in the first line of the Dirty Projectors interview “that we picked this record because it’s a great record”. No shit man. It’s all so lazy and half assed.

Last edited:
You do have to wonder how much longer these issues can continue without hampering their ability to operate, financially speaking.

They're still having orders go out with 11+ extras (see the Caribou post on reddit), people getting albums they didn't order at all, people having their orders shipped to the wrong state or old address, albums going on together but packaged separately, etc etc etc. There's a real and tangible cost to all of these fuck ups (and they're all 100% on VMP, not on their 3rd parties like Saddle Creek or Shopify) so it isn't like they have recourse to recoup the lost cash. They need to get their system fully working or they're going to bleed out

You do have to wonder how much longer these issues can continue without hampering their ability to operate, financially speaking.

They're still having orders go out with 11+ extras (see the Caribou post on reddit), people getting albums they didn't order at all, people having their orders shipped to the wrong state or old address, albums going on together but packaged separately, etc etc etc. There's a real and tangible cost to all of these fuck ups (and they're all 100% on VMP, not on their 3rd parties like Saddle Creek or Shopify) so it isn't like they have recourse to recoup the lost cash. They need to get their system fully working or they're going to bleed out
you left one part out...they need to address their customer base...LIKE ADULTS! I am okay with a mass email, but the whole send us good vibes BS is so f'ing childish. They might as well add the word "bro'" after that line. The reason I email them daily is the lack of any effort to VERBALLY respond to any/all customers about this issue.

They have to be so in over their heads right now. All the shipping and platform problems. Not to mention their editorial is god damn awful right now. They have an entire sub for “ESSENTIAL” records and their “Why We Chose This” columns are fucking embarrassing.
Storf literally says in the first line of the Dirty Projectors interview “that we picked this record because it’s a great record”. No shit man. It’s all so lazy and half assed.

Oof, you are right. The entire first paragraph should not exist:

We picked this because it’s a really great album — as with all our Essentials picks, we try to pick very great albums — and 2009 was a really special year for indie rock. It felt like this year where it really felt like indie rock was gonna overtake whatever mainstream rock was in 2009, which was still like Linkin Park and Creed, or whatever. It felt like this brief year where the biggest rock records of the year were by these weird bands from Brooklyn: Animal Collective’s Merriweather Post Pavilion, Grizzly Bear’s Veckatimest, Phoenix’s Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix — which we did as Essentials earlier in 2019. We had the opportunity to do this Dirty Projectors record for the 10th anniversary; we’re announcing it in 2019, but it’ll actually come out in 2020.

Oof, you are right. The entire first paragraph should not exist:
It doesn’t even get better from there. I think Penn says something stupid and then Storf has another small dumb blurb. Nothing actually about the record or what makes it great. They claim they pick records because they want to tell new stories about old great records.......but they quite literally have nothing to say here.

Back