Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

For once this isn't VMP's fault; this is due to a recent Supreme Court case that basically opened the floodgates for state sales tax on online orders. Unless you live in a state with no sales tax, expect this to be the norm everywhere in the coming months.

I mean, it's definitely VMP's fault for not communicating the change and making no reference to the tax when a customer is selecting their subscription. I assume they haven't updated their web platform to include this, so it likely still informs buyers that they will be charged $81. And that's why there was surprised from the original comment about being hit with $89.

Also, shocked they got a CS response so fast. I'm still waiting on an answer about where my Fiona Idler Wheel is.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but their LLC filings are here. Fielder has posted two offerings. The one in 2019 worth less than the one in 2018. In 2018 they had 14 investors, in 2019 they had 3. Translation, they’re done. I say this sincerely, and because I care, if you haven’t already... distance yourself from this company or you will ge caught holding their bag.

That's...really not good.

Also, how the fuck did run DMC sell out? I heard no one talking about this one except when it was announced when everyone said they were swapping it? I wanted to get it this month but it seems I can’t.

Easy to sell out things where you're sending 2 copies of it to people who didn't order it at all.

For the love of God, stop eating meat and clean your blood!!! VMP has a new book that can help: Best Blood Cleaners In The World. Ships maybe!
This is getting too rich for my blood. Maybe too thick for Nathan’s too.
Well, I do dislike my job and I feel like I need more energy to deal with it! And having cleaner, more liquid-y blood gives you more energy/stamina!

Having cleaner blood will also further motivate me to look for a new job and really push myself to get a great body! So it’s important I cut myself back on the meat! Only 4 meat dishes a week, maximum!!!

Well, I do dislike my job and I feel like I need more energy to deal with it! And having cleaner, more liquid-y blood gives you more energy/stamina!

Having cleaner blood will also further motivate me to look for a new job and really push myself to get a great body! So it’s important I cut myself back on the meat! Only 4 meat dishes a week, maximum!!!

Now that is scientific fact. There’s no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact!

🙄🙄🙄
😂😂😂

I wasn't going to click this, but someone a few posts back had mentioned Hooverphonic... and that "2 Wicky" song is kind of a soft spot for me... and then I saw some other things in there...

I didn't need to feed my kids or pick up my migraine medication, anyway.

The good thing about Music On Vinyl's website is that you cannot buy anything there because it doesn't have a store. But they have some great stuff there indeed.

I’m glad there’s still room to make a nice kangaroo roast each week.

If you want to avoid those taxes and instead get paid enough to leave the state for a one week vacation every year, think about Alaska. It’s nice h
If you want to avoid those taxes and instead get paid enough to leave the state for a one week vacation every year, think about Alaska. It’s nice here!
That Track Palin kid isn’t wandering around anywhere is he? He worries me.

Expect to start seeing taxes on all internet purchases as state law changes catch up to take advantage of a 2018 SCOTUS decision. That case reversed the ‘92 Quill decision that previously blocked states from collecting sales tax from out of state retailers without a nexus point in the state.

South Dakota vs Wayfair, Inc.
Yeah, this has been a BFD here in Tennessee bc we don’t have state income tax. So we rely heavily on sales tax. We’ve been paying that internet retailer tax for a few years now. For a while it was a sweet deal though. No states sales tax and all the out of state internet shopping...

Cancelled my membership, giving up my month-to-month forever.

It feels SO good to be free!

just received my Fiona and Still Woozy x2.... no Aretha, so only have that outstanding.
f it... I’m out too... giving up my month to month cause January RotM aren’t appealing to me, not seeing anything in the swaps either... and lately most drops ive wanted have been open to non members anyhow...

My swaps via info@ were also updated in my membership page without a actual email response. Actually pretty happy with what I’m getting next month (assuming it comes in January)

I swapped essentials for queen Latifa. Not super familiar with her music but one of her songs from that album is on that daisy age compilation which I really like. Seems like that record has sat around forever, anyone have any strong opinions on the album or this specific VMP pressing?

Edit: I feel like @NathanRicaud will have something positive to say about it

Back