Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

See folks, this is why it pays to be friendly with your neighbors ;)

Shiiit, even if they delivered it to the people in the apartment that shares a wall with mine, I doubt they'd have any clue who it was meant for. I have lived in my building for 3.5 years and yet to have a conversation with any of my neighbors beyond a "hi" or a polite nod or "7th floor, please"

I only really hate one of the options (thank God I'm only subscribed to the one I want) and I'll take what I am getting fine

I definitely thought the same thing lol. But I've talked with the guy quite a few times before around the neighborhood so we're friendly acquaintances. He told me he took the pizza because he assumed his roommate ordered it but then he checked the name and address on the receipt and saw that it was supposed to go to me. See folks, this is why it pays to be friendly with your neighbors ;)
I knew a bartender once who would go on serious benders, but she would always start by ordering a pizza to be delivered the next day at 11am. She was like "I know I'll be hungover and/or still asleep, so this way the person waking me up is also handing me a hangover cure." The first time she told me about it I was in awe. So...so simple. How is it possible that this sort of planning never would have occurred to me?

It doesn't seem like many people are psyched about this N.E.R.D. pick (myself included). Gonna be a swap month for me. Guess I'll grab Fiona is that's available.
VMP & reissuing low/mid-tier albums in a discography filled with much better choices, name a more iconic duo

(Other iconic duos you could name include "VMP & not responding to CS emails", "VMP & clutching defeat from the jaws of victory", and "VMP & *gestures towards nearby building on fire*")

This isn't really VMPs fault (or is it?) but my November box (for the one month I resubscribed 😂) has been stuck at the post office in San Francisco since the 8th, and it was supposed to be delivered yesterday

I mean it really is their fault that your November box arrived at the post office in San Fran a third of the way through December...

Last edited:
I knew a bartender once who would go on serious benders, but she would always start by ordering a pizza to be delivered the next day at 11am. She was like "I know I'll be hungover and/or still asleep, so this way the person waking me up is also handing me a hangover cure." The first time she told me about it I was in awe. So...so simple. How is it possible that this sort of planning never would have occurred to me?

While driving down the western highway in Puerto Rio a few years back I went by a place called the cock & tail lounge. There was a rooster on the sign. I had to stop. I was severely disappointed to learn that there was no mint for mojitos, but i did have a number of medallo beers until the reggaetone became too much and i was on my way. they did not serve pizza.

Big email from customer support ...

----------------

Hi there,

Sincere apologies about the shipping delays and the confusion that this has caused. Our warehouse is currently working extended shifts during the week, and extra shifts over the weekend, but we are still catching up. We know you may be hoping to get your orders delivered in time for the holidays and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience these delays may cause. Our entire team is working extended hours and doing everything we can to get your records to you as quickly as possible.

BUNDLING:

If you ordered multiple records for December (or have outstanding records from November that you’re waiting on), you may be wondering why you are getting multiple shipments, or why some of your records have shipped already but others haven't. This is because of the way our system has been bundling orders. In prior months, all of your orders would have been bundled into a single shipment. This process is still being refined on our new system and is not yet perfect. We’re working on tightening the bundling process up moving forward, and we expect things to be more like the old experience in the coming months.

PROGRESS UPDATE:

With Black Friday, December renewals, and so many titles that were previously on pre-order coming into stock this month, our orders in December are 20%+ higher than they have been in any previous month. Our warehouse has completed about 60% of the December orders thus far, and is continuing to work overtime until we get the remaining 40% shipped.

We understand this is not an ideal experience for customers who have bought more than one thing or have subscriptions to several tracks. We recognize these people are amongst our most valuable customers and those people remain a priority for us. We will be tightening the bundling process up moving forward, and we expect things to be more like the old experience in the coming months.

INVENTORY / SHIPPING TIMELINES:

Currently, there are no delayed titles, including titles that were previously delayed in November. This includes:

John Coltrane 'Blue World'
Merle Haggard 'Live From Austin, TX '78’
Waylon Jennings 'Live From Austin, TX '84'
Floating Points 'Crush’
Vince Guaraldi Trio 'A Charlie Brown Christmas (Audiophile Edition)’
Spoon ‘Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga’
Wild FlagWild Flag
Sholohmo ‘Bad Vibes’
Black Pumas ‘Black Pumas’
The Rolling Stones ‘Let it Bleed’
TLC ‘Fanmail’, ‘Crazy Sexy Cool’
Beck ‘Hyperspace’ -- This was originally delayed to January due to the label’s warehouse but is now en route to us and will ship this month.

Fulfillment status for individual orders is different on a per customer / shipment basis. As noted above, our warehouse will continue to run overtime until everything is shipped out.

Unfortunately, at this time, our customer support team members are unable to offer detailed statuses on orders which are marked “unfulfilled”. Please know that these orders haven’t been lost, and will be packed and shipped out as soon as possible. All tracking information will be sent via email as things leave the warehouse.

A NOTE ABOUT THE MIGRATION

We fully recognize and take responsibility for the issues caused in our recent system migration. We understand it’s been bumpy, has caused confusion, and has not been perfect in its execution. Our team has been working around the clock for the last several weeks resolving bugs and stabilizing the system to ensure a smoother experience moving forward. We appreciate everyone’s patience and support as we continue to work through this migration.

Again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by all of this. Please let us know if you have any other questions or if we can do anything to help.

Jason
Customer Support Agent
Vinyl Me, Please
Now spinning: -aire by The End of the Ocean

This email is a service from Vinyl Me, Please.
[Z3POZ0-027D]

While driving down the western highway in Puerto Rio a few years back I went by a place called the cock & tail lounge. There was a rooster on the sign. I had to stop. I was severely disappointed to learn that there was no mint for mojitos, but i did have a number of medallo beers until the reggaetone became too much and i was on my way. they did not serve pizza.
This thread is improving.

Sometimes I miss mod’ing at the old place. Not today though! 🤣 Solidarity hug to my girl @chrb98 and @MattHasIdeas.
弟旅声傭禁岡策日岡結世郎芸機著速構三出演。能万永点告旧謡掲来療申担上。薄成岩真士米上北木底貨務制図弁欠。妙始求背開元製要載復属済可。事他術更維算禁民昼場金道模重属見代待。津高際発想会全就割郎府大行経前説閉。案碁禁人呼子院石皇稿真情面通負須良禁。柔地格図明厚歩世寺川姿武聡完。史顔集腹豊材果画測暮疑後治歓。UC BERKLEY.
代新石育天解刑策繊雅売午役戦著調暮座筆。町組約信年表前東日中問当来表時。読食日過体選局再裁定疎上区。毎堀風銃件年重同桜本図無発矢公催午新島償。者海果加択伸体注能見年服優団流女。告献国政告前皇支照模東旅先性銀洋点。野理阪岩田報港注始大就筋私歓冬。休応麻旅氏宮流事監武像協伝。竹結絵務掲扱社一銀合図金。

弟旅声傭禁岡策日岡結世郎芸機著速構三出演。能万永点告旧謡掲来療申担上。薄成岩真士米上北木底貨務制図弁欠。妙始求背開元製要載復属済可。事他術更維算禁民昼場金道模重属見代待。津高際発想会全就割郎府大行経前説閉。案碁禁人呼子院石皇稿真情面通負須良禁。柔地格図明厚歩世寺川姿武聡完。史顔集腹豊材果画測暮疑後治歓。UC BERKLEY.
代新石育天解刑策繊雅売午役戦著調暮座筆。町組約信年表前東日中問当来表時。読食日過体選局再裁定疎上区。毎堀風銃件年重同桜本図無発矢公催午新島償。者海果加択伸体注能見年服優団流女。告献国政告前皇支照模東旅先性銀洋点。野理阪岩田報港注始大就筋私歓冬。休応麻旅氏宮流事監武像協伝。竹結絵務掲扱社一銀合図金。
You hurt me, dude. Ugh. 😂

This thread is improving.

Similarly i was staying at a place on the east side of the island in the rainforest. there was an old hippy that used to grow weed on the mountain who tried to sell me land on vieques. i passed. they also lacked mint for mojitos and pizza.

but they did have a ping-pong table, rum, and excellent views

----------------

Hi there,

Sincere apologies about the shipping delays and the confusion that this has caused. Our warehouse is currently working extended shifts during the week, and extra shifts over the weekend, but we are still catching up. We know you may be hoping to get your orders delivered in time for the holidays and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience these delays may cause. Our entire team is working extended hours and doing everything we can to get your records to you as quickly as possible.

BUNDLING:

If you ordered multiple records for December (or have outstanding records from November that you’re waiting on), you may be wondering why you are getting multiple shipments, or why some of your records have shipped already but others haven't. This is because of the way our system has been bundling orders. In prior months, all of your orders would have been bundled into a single shipment. This process is still being refined on our new system and is not yet perfect. We’re working on tightening the bundling process up moving forward, and we expect things to be more like the old experience in the coming months.

PROGRESS UPDATE:

With Black Friday, December renewals, and so many titles that were previously on pre-order coming into stock this month, our orders in December are 20%+ higher than they have been in any previous month. Our warehouse has completed about 60% of the December orders thus far, and is continuing to work overtime until we get the remaining 40% shipped.

We understand this is not an ideal experience for customers who have bought more than one thing or have subscriptions to several tracks. We recognize these people are amongst our most valuable customers and those people remain a priority for us. We will be tightening the bundling process up moving forward, and we expect things to be more like the old experience in the coming months.

Currently, there are no delayed titles, including titles that were previously delayed in November. This includes:

Floating Points 'Crush’
Spoon ‘Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga’
Wild FlagWild Flag
Sholohmo ‘Bad Vibes’
Beck ‘Hyperspace’ -- This was originally delayed to January due to the label’s warehouse but is now en route to us and will ship this month.

Fulfillment status for individual orders is different on a per customer / shipment basis. As noted above, our warehouse will continue to run overtime until everything is shipped out.

Unfortunately, at this time, our customer support team members are unable to offer detailed statuses on orders which are marked “unfulfilled”. Please know that these orders haven’t been lost, and will be packed and shipped out as soon as possible. All tracking information will be sent via email as things leave the warehouse.

We fully recognize and take responsibility for the issues caused in our recent system migration. We understand it’s been bumpy, has caused confusion, and has not been perfect in its execution. Our team has been working around the clock for the last several weeks resolving bugs and stabilizing the system to ensure a smoother experience moving forward. We appreciate everyone’s patience and support as we continue to work through this migration.

Again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by all of this. Please let us know if you have any other questions or if we can do anything to help.

Jason
Customer Support Agent
Vinyl Me, Please

[Z3POZ0-027D]
1. But are the apologies....sincere?
2. Why y'all's bundles so loose?

----------------

Hi there,

BUNDLING:

PROGRESS UPDATE:

Floating Points 'Crush’
Spoon ‘Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga’
Wild FlagWild Flag
Sholohmo ‘Bad Vibes’

Jason
Customer Support Agent
Vinyl Me, Please

[Z3POZ0-027D]
They oughtta email this out to EVERYONE, not just people with support tickets. Open communication is cool, yo, no matter how shitty the situation.

Back