Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

"Alright crack VMP Inspection Team form up, form up, on me... Okay look guys, here's the deal... last month there was a teensy weensy little boo boo involving some of these here records. We MAY.. AND I STRESS... MAY... NO ONE HAS PROVEN ANYTHING, we MAY have sent all 1000 copies to like 17 people. APPARENTLY that's not what was on the docket... We've identified where the issue MAY have arisen, so Larry, Stewie, Jeanie, Bobby, Norbert, Phil, Tom, Peter, Jose, Bill, Cindy, Cathy, Macy, Casey, Nancy and Drew you guys get five minutes less for lunch today... JUST IN CASE IT'S OUR FAULT BUT NO ONE HAS PROVEN ANYTHING. Pam, you were off that day so you get your regular lunch.
Okay so crack VMP Inspection Team! I've sent out several emails regarding the inspections that we're going to be undertaking for the returns of these records. Before we send them back out to other subscribers there is an extensive checklist that you MUST follow before you are to approve any incoming packages for re-shipping. I will now go though the comprehensive list point by point, if anyone needs to go to the bathroom I suggest you do it now...

Okay, Point one: Find wherever the incoming shipment has been put. People I can't stress this enough, you must find the package first. We aren't used to this so these could be anywhere folks, under desks, behind curtains, accidental doorstop, on top of toilet, next to toilet, behind toilet, in toilet... keep your eyes open people.

Point Too: Open box, does it contain records. If the answer is yes continue to Point 3. If not put box back where you found it and keep looking.

Point 3: Do the records say Mobb Deep on them? If the answer is yes continue to Point For, if not follow the second part of the instructions from the previous point.

Point For: Congratulations you have found some Mobb Deep records! Remove them from box and ship indiscriminantly to anyone on the order list you see fit, have some fun with this people, it's the holidays...

And that's it!
Go VMPeam!

I just came up with that.
It's like TEAM but it's our name!
Damn that's good.
Gary let's get a trademark on that, actually let's get half of you working on the "VMPeam" trademark, the rest of you can deal with these Mobb Def records."
This is definitely my favourite Needles&Grooves post of the year! It’s absolutely spot on! It’s actually everything! ❤️🤣

I’ve read this so many times and still laugh so much 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🔥🔥🔥

Mather, you should get a reward for this post! 💎🏆

Tbh we only have had two people who have admitted to getting way too many copies of mobb deep

I agree that the entire return thing is horseshit and they should repress (though I dunno how they'd determine who got it and who didn't at SC). I just wonder how many people will actually be in that raffle

Tbh we only have had two people who have admitted to getting way too many copies of mobb deep

Why would most people come forward? It's the people who ordered multiples that got all the extras. I can see buying two, maybe you're buying for a friend or something, cool...but buying 3,4 or 5 copies? You're a flipper. So flippers got more records. Why would they voluntarily speak up? It's like Christmas for them - instead of flipping 5 records - you get to flip 25..and the current resale value is high! No brainer to stay quiet.

Why would most people come forward? It's the people who ordered multiples that got all the extras. I can see buying two, maybe you're buying for a friend or something, cool...but buying 3,4 or 5 copies? You're a flipper. So flippers got more records. Why would they voluntarily speak up? It's like Christmas for them - instead of flipping 5 records - you get to flip 25..and the current resale value is high! No brainer to stay quiet.
Fair point, I was just trying to get at least some hopes up and lower the overall stress.. I am hoping they weren't lying in saying they found out what happened and stopped it but some still slipped in... But I am too optimistic than I should be I guess

At least the people on reddit claimed they bought copies for friends. I dont see a reason not to trust them because tgey came forward with their 25/16 record shipments voluntarily

I ordered 3 Blue Worlds -- one to play, one to gift, one to keep sealed and maybe flip down the line -- and got 9. I'm sending the extra 6 back tomorrow. For me, it's simple. What they're offering in return might be less than what I have in hand, but it's still something for nothing, and those 6 copies are already spoken for. I've packed them very well. Besides getting them very late, their future owners should never know they made a detour through South Cackalacky. Am I a sucker? Whatever. I sleep well.

At least the people on reddit claimed they bought copies for friends. I dont see a reason not to trust them because tgey came forward with their 25/16 record shipments voluntarily
Am I the only one who thinks it's weird to give 4/5 of your friends and family the same gift for Christmas? Perhaps I'm too cynical.

"Small business".
Doesn't feel small if these are the stats: Kickfurther
Can someone explain to me how this makes financial sense for vmp? They promise ( and it seems like delivered) 8.2% return of investment. That sounds like a pretty high interest rate to me in the current climate.i might be not getting something.

2nd interesting point: a bunch of the backers praised their communication. So they are able to communicate if you are giving them enough money, just not if you're just a customer.

So I fell for the change monthly membership to three monthly to avoid missing out on QotSA , and now can’t change it back , have emailed them to see if can assist , at least the website appears to be working a bit better now

i think they said on reddit, that they are not doing anymore monthly Memberships and once ou switched or took a month off you are stuck with 3-month or bust. They only honour running one-month Memberships, but here is no more grandfathering in of old one-month Memberships once you took a month off.

So I fell for the change monthly membership to three monthly to avoid missing out on QotSA , and now can’t change it back , have emailed them to see if can assist , at least the website appears to be working a bit better now

One month has gone forever, for everyone. Even if you’d stayed on it, it would no longer be an option on the new shop platform.

i think they said on reddit, that they are not doing anymore monthly Memberships and once ou switched or took a month off you are stuck with 3-month or bust. They only honour running one-month Memberships, but here is no more grandfathering in of old one-month Memberships once you took a month off.

Step further, they’re gone for everyone, no more grandfathering, with the new platform.

You’re right. I’m, as hard as it seems, making them out to be worse than they are...

Well, it actually is kind of shitty, because they didn't warn anyone. So, if you skipped the month because you were told you could and because you had been doing that all year, you're fucked. VMP could have announced that the change was coming to encourage people to sign back up before the migration shifted things, but... they didn't

Back