Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I feel like only swapping once is *not* a huge deal... I'm indecisive, but not that indecisive... Sheesh, pick one and move on lol

Honestly? I’m kind of in agreement. Most months when I made a swap, I only did it once and that was it. Only a handful of months was I indecisive and changed it a few times.

Basically now the only difference will be me just staring at the open swap screen with my mouse constantly hovering between two choices as opposed to the past where I’d just keep clicking between them back and forth lol

So many exclusives excluded from swaps AND no staff on chat. AND a holiday tomorrow so I'm sure they won't even respond to my email until Mon/Tues.

Once again, the customer comes last. :poop:
Oh most definitely... They also probably don't want to deal with people asking for refunds just to get the same record for less tomorrow. lol

I feel like only swapping once is *not* a huge deal... I'm indecisive, but not that indecisive... Sheesh, pick one and move on lol
Honestly? I’m kind of in agreement. Most months when I made a swap, I only did it once and that was it. Only a handful of months was I indecisive and changed it a few times.

Basically now the only difference will be me just staring at the open swap screen with my mouse constantly hovering between two choices as opposed to the past where I’d just keep clicking between them back and forth lol

I agree to a certain extent, except for the fact that there have been times when the swap options themselves change - i.e. more options are subsequently added during the swap window. So when that happens, and a record is added that I would have picked had it been in the initial group of options, I'd say you should be able to make an additional swap. If they won't be adding to swap options during the swap period, then yeah, I'm totally with you both on it not being a big deal.

I agree to a certain extent, except for the fact that there have been times when the swap options themselves change - i.e. more options are subsequently added during the swap window. So when that happens, and a record is added that I would have picked had it been in the initial group of options, I'd say you should be able to make an additional swap. If they won't be adding to swap options during the swap period, then yeah, I'm totally with you both on it not being a big deal.

They haven't done that in a good while now, at least six months or so. The only exception was last month when I asked Storf how VMP plans to ever sell out their Four Tet Essential from like 5 years ago if it never gets included as a swaption and he was like "Oops" and they added it back in for the first time in forever.

I still didn't swap for it. But it's nice to see it's actually there for a change. 😇

I'm in agreement that the swap lock in is not that big a deal. Could it have been communicated sooner? Of course. You have a limited window to swap any way and it's not like that much is added to the swap section from the time they're open. Even if it is, you're either finding out through here, Reddit, or magically checking at the right time. The downside right now is not having chat open so people can ask for exceptions to their swaps.

They haven't done that in a good while now, at least six months or so. The only exception was last month when I asked Storf how VMP plans to ever sell out their Four Tet Essential from like 5 years ago if it never gets included as a swaption and he was like "Oops" and they added it back in for the first time in forever.

I still didn't swap for it. But it's nice to see it's actually there for a change. 😇

Ok, good to know it hasn't happened recently. I'll admit I've been pretty checked out from VMP, so 6 months ago seems like not too long ago for me. It seemed like a pretty regular thing back in the day, meaning pre-6 months ago ;)

David Gray is gonna be an insta-Tina to the max. It should honestly be an essentials pick if you ask me, perhaps it will be.

Edit: Would make sense for David Gray to be Feb/March ROTM now that I think of it. Hoping this is the case so I don’t have to worry about not being able to nab an exclusive in time.

Doubt it would be a RotM. IMO, it's an album worthy of being an Essential RotM, but it's getting a mass reissue. Including a bonus 2LPs of Demos and B-Sides.

so uh is the 30% off coupon good on Thursday or Friday? they sent two e-mails yesterday each stating a different day.
Of course they did. I'm assuming Friday, but we should all feel free to send them a nasty-gram tomorrow when it doesn't work. The only way we are going to push them to change anything is by making enough noise to where it's breaking processes and effecting bottom lines.

If anyone can't do a month to month VMP sub, I'll grab whatever record you want and send it your way (either of the 3 ROTM or a swap) - $29 + $4 shipping, I'm not planning on grabbing any of these, but want to keep my membership active to grab Still Woozy. Message me if you're interested and no worries if not! 1 person only, plz

The only time I would be annoyed is if they go and add stuff in the next few days, If I see Spoon, Danny Brown, or Mobb Deep show up later this week and I can't swap I'd be pissed. Not likely to happen though.

Of course they did. I'm assuming Friday, but we should all feel free to send them a nasty-gram tomorrow when it doesn't work. The only way we are going to push them to change anything is by making enough noise to where it's breaking processes and effecting bottom lines.
If anyone wants a cheat to the conflicting emails so we can all flood them, here you go.

Email from Nov 26th - AM
1574878157063.png

Email from Nov 26th - PM
1574878252143.png

Nothing about a correction in that second email, so it's fair to state that they need to honor both (which I'm sure they won't).

I'm in agreement that the swap lock in is not that big a deal. Could it have been communicated sooner? Of course. You have a limited window to swap any way and it's not like that much is added to the swap section from the time they're open. Even if it is, you're either finding out through here, Reddit, or magically checking at the right time. The downside right now is not having chat open so people can ask for exceptions to their swaps.
What would you do with more time?

The only time I would be annoyed is if they go and add stuff in the next few days, If I see Spoon, Danny Brown, or Mobb Deep show up later this week and I can't swap I'd be pissed. Not likely to happen though.

I think those are more likely to show up as Black Friday items for approximately 30 seconds before selling out, if they show up at all.

But yeah, I was briefly hoping Tidal would get added to swaps a little late today but there's no way in hell VMP is gonna open that clusterfuck Pandora's Box now.

Back