Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

They need to refund the shipping because you shouldn’t have even been able to check that box. Everyone knows that Fiona probably wasn’t in the warehouse yet so it was an impossibility.
Yet, they should be able to send it now because it doesn't say its a preorder anymore on the info page. It says order it now and it will ship from their warehouse in 3-5 days.

gotta love "we all know shit's fucked" as an official statement

This shows how at the end of their tether Pauly and the gang are. Need the bosses to comment rather than leaving it to the usual fallguys.

Edit - realise this isn’t from Pauly or Storf. Not from any official VMP employee. Still the point holds about the poor CS having to take it in the neck

Has anyone gotten responses from CS lately? I'm at a week now, but don't want to email in again, because I know what that will do.
Its pretty annoying because my email was because of an unexplained charge from them.
Just got a reply from CS. I had swapped tracks (DMC for BB King). When another migration update occurred over the weekend, and after 12/1, it swapped me back. I emailed in on Monday, and this morning got a reply, saying its fixed.

Is there any explanation for why stuff like Rolling Stones and Mobb Deep were shipped separately from peoples ROTM shipments? I expected them all to come together but apparently Stones is on its way already, but only Stones, not Mobb Deep or the other two items I bought during the "sudden arrival of old items mystery day" a month back...

They used to send exclusives out in one off batches before they switched to the only get it with your AOTM box. Maybe they're going back to that to have more accuracy on their inventory? But who the hell knows.

VMP OFFICIAL STATEMENT

“We recognize that many of you have been patiently waiting on a company response to the many problems relating to the site migration. At this time we would like to address these issues so that we leave nobody wondering. Right now you can buy our Woodstock box set for 20% off, you can also get our Anorak jacket for a great price. We would also like to mention that you’ll really love our January essentials album, it’s arguably the most influential modern day obscure classic rock album from Ottawa since Fiona Apple. Did we mention we have a new Fiona Apple pressing coming soon? Also, Gorillaz is back in stock for a super limited time, it’s $40 but if you buy it now we’ll give you 30% off and only charge you $38 for it!
Well, I think that about sums it up. Remember, we’re a small company and we’re still working on figuring out which department is ours, so if we don’t get right back to you it’s just because our partners all suck and it’s all their fault.”

Last edited:
Is there any explanation for why stuff like Rolling Stones and Mobb Deep were shipped separately from peoples ROTM shipments? I expected them all to come together but apparently Stones is on its way already, but only Stones, not Mobb Deep or the other two items I bought during the "sudden arrival of old items mystery day" a month back...

Storf gave me a "not my department" answer a few days back with this:

Just sounds like they're scrambling to get shit out the door to placate people, but who knows.

VMP OFFICIAL STATEMENT

“We recognize that many of you have been patiently waiting on a company response to the many problems relating to the site migration. At this time we would like to address these issues so that we leave nobody wondering. Right now you can buy our Woodstock box set for 20% off, you can also get our Anorak jacket for a great price. We would also like to mention that you’ll really love our January essentials album, it’s arguably the most influential modern day obscure classic rock album from Ottawa since Fiona Apple. Did we mention we have a new Fiona Apple pressing come soon? Also, Gorillaz is back in stock for a super limited time, it’s $40 but if you buy it now we’ll give you 30% off and only charge you $38 for it!
Well, I think that about sums it up. Remember, we’re a small company and we’re still working on figuring out which department is ours, so if we don’t get right back to you it’s just because our partners all suck and it’s all their fault.”
058D5DE9-B1CE-49B5-80B2-E33822C37BD6.jpeg

Has anyone gotten responses from CS lately? I'm at a week now, but don't want to email in again, because I know what that will do.
Its pretty annoying because my email was because of an unexplained charge from them.

Still waiting on a response on an email I sent 11/25 regarding my copy of Jazz Impressions of Japan. Got a form letter the other day that I'm still in the queue, but nothing else.

Still waiting on a response on an email I sent 11/25 regarding my copy of Jazz Impressions of Japan. Got a form letter the other day that I'm still in the queue, but nothing else.

I at first read this as “formal letter” and was actually hopeful that response times were improving this way.

I ordered the Fiona Apple Idler Wheel on Black Friday. As an experiment I chose the option for $4.95 to "ship now".

You can probably guess what is happening. You probably don't need to read the rest of this post....lol

I haven't gotten any notifications about anything shipping etc. Suddenly I saw on Informed Delivery that I had a record coming. It ended up being The Rolling Stones album I pre-ordered. The BS email from support said I would get notifications that stuff has shipped....nope. Doesn't happen.

The Stones order also shows Unfulfilled on the VMP orders page. I understand the concept of stuff getting worse before it gets better but this really sucks. VMP makes a fine product but the headaches involved in getting it are beginning to outweigh the splendor of their releases. IMO, anyway.

I want Fiona, dammit.
I could be wrong, but I don't think it's in the warehouse yet. You may get it as a separate package in DEC when it arrives rather than waiting until Jan like everyone else. Just guessing though.

Yet, they should be able to send it now because it doesn't say its a preorder anymore on the info page. It says order it now and it will ship from their warehouse in 3-5 days.
My Gorillaz swap said shipping in 5-7 days when I ordered it on 11/6. But still waiting so really they just put whatever they want there.

Back