Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Bummer ..oh well ..shall have to make a decision the ..are they announcing the albums in three month batches again to fit the membership

I was under the impression that they announced the releases in advance, because they knew QOTSA wasn't exclusive to them and they wanted to lock members in before the band announced their own pressing

I was under the impression that they announced the releases in advance, because they knew QOTSA wasn't exclusive to them and they wanted to lock members in before the band announced their own pressing

They’re supposedly doing it again Feb-April so prepare for another huge album repress with a standard announced 2 or 3 days later...

Last edited:
Looks like they've only used it 2x. The first one was in Sept and was paid out in Nov.

I think the optics for investors has a ton to do with the shut down. They can't have the investors knowing about their weekly eff ups.
they funded the qotsa rotm with the first one.
Now they actually just completeted 3 kickfurther campaigns:
they collected 185k$ for the Feb essentials ROTM; 36k$ for a march exclusive, and 77k$ for Dec classics and Jan Rap ROTM

Edit: All campaigns were fully funded in minutes.
Also explains the pressure to sell the qotsa well and switch to three moneth subs. They had to collect enough cash to pay 287k$ to the kickfurther backers by Nov 15. ( from 272k$ raised)

Last edited:
It might be seen as a dick move but I wonder if they are negotiable? It’s nice that they are offering a raffle but it’d be nicer still to just get the opportunity to select a item off the list of “prizes”. Like I don’t want a chance to win a turntable, I want a turntable. And whatever the cost is for the TT it’s probably still a better deal for VMP than going back for a repress (though, I think it’s foolhardy for VMP, they should just to go back to press).
Right the dude with 25 copies can sell them on eBay for a couple grand, he can buy like 10 turntables instead of sending them back and entering a contest. I think they should just acknowledge they messed up and give everyone a credit for any album they want in stock now and in the future for every album they send back.

If the deadwax info on discogs is correct (I don't have one to check), I am very confused.

It matches the matrix for the Huntsville Disc Manufacturing, Inc. plant, which that link says stopped using that matrix after it was sold in 1997. It doesn't match the original press though, and no 90s reissues are listed.

I ordered the Fiona Apple Idler Wheel on Black Friday. As an experiment I chose the option for $4.95 to "ship now".

You can probably guess what is happening. You probably don't need to read the rest of this post....lol

I haven't gotten any notifications about anything shipping etc. Suddenly I saw on Informed Delivery that I had a record coming. It ended up being The Rolling Stones album I pre-ordered. The BS email from support said I would get notifications that stuff has shipped....nope. Doesn't happen.

The Stones order also shows Unfulfilled on the VMP orders page. I understand the concept of stuff getting worse before it gets better but this really sucks. VMP makes a fine product but the headaches involved in getting it are beginning to outweigh the splendor of their releases. IMO, anyway.

I want Fiona, dammit.

If the deadwax info on discogs is correct (I don't have one to check), I am very confused.

It matches the matrix for the Huntsville Disc Manufacturing, Inc. plant, which that link says stopped using that matrix after it was sold in 1997. It doesn't match the original press though, and no 90s reissues are listed.
Ok, I'm an idiot. This was a CD pressing plant. The person who created the listing copied it from a CD listing from 1995 and left that there.

Could someone please let me know the deadwax info on your The Infamous?

Edit:I removed that error from the listing

Can someone explain to me how this makes financial sense for vmp? They promise ( and it seems like delivered) 8.2% return of investment. That sounds like a pretty high interest rate to me in the current climate.i might be not getting something.

2nd interesting point: a bunch of the backers praised their communication. So they are able to communicate if you are giving them enough money, just not if you're just a customer.

I noticed this too and giggled. So much communication with investors. Nada for customers.

Well, it actually is kind of shitty, because they didn't warn anyone. So, if you skipped the month because you were told you could and because you had been doing that all year, you're fucked. VMP could have announced that the change was coming to encourage people to sign back up before the migration shifted things, but... they didn't

What makes this even worse for customers is the above - they can communicate tons with investors, just not with customers. So, they're completely spitting in the face of the customers and daring you all to continue to just give them your money.

They’re supposedly doing it again Feb-April so prepare for another huge album repress with a standard announced 2 or 3 days later...

And again - because hardly anything they offer is exclusive. That QOTSA move was a complete asshole move and yet, they're gonna do it again because customers still keep giving them money.

Has anyone gotten responses from CS lately? I'm at a week now, but don't want to email in again, because I know what that will do.
Its pretty annoying because my email was because of an unexplained charge from them.

No I am still waiting for them to respond on how they will replace my Biggie - RTD since it came in damaged.
Also I sent a request to cancel my Infamous order since it I may never actually get a copy due to this shitshow.
If they don't respond by next week I might just open a paypal case.

I ordered the Fiona Apple Idler Wheel on Black Friday. As an experiment I chose the option for $4.95 to "ship now".

You can probably guess what is happening. You probably don't need to read the rest of this post....lol

I haven't gotten any notifications about anything shipping etc. Suddenly I saw on Informed Delivery that I had a record coming. It ended up being The Rolling Stones album I pre-ordered. The BS email from support said I would get notifications that stuff has shipped....nope. Doesn't happen.

The Stones order also shows Unfulfilled on the VMP orders page. I understand the concept of stuff getting worse before it gets better but this really sucks. VMP makes a fine product but the headaches involved in getting it are beginning to outweigh the splendor of their releases. IMO, anyway.

I want Fiona, dammit.
They need to refund the shipping because you shouldn’t have even been able to check that box. Everyone knows that Fiona probably wasn’t in the warehouse yet so it was an impossibility.

Has anyone gotten responses from CS lately? I'm at a week now, but don't want to email in again, because I know what that will do.
Its pretty annoying because my email was because of an unexplained charge from them.
I had a response to my 4pm Nov 22 ticket yesterday. My account wasn't displaying correctly, they claimed it's now fixed, but they didn't do anything and my follow-up response is probably at the bottom of the queue

I want Fiona, dammit.
Really sorry to hear that mate. I actually saw massive red flags when I first saw that option. They cant even ship on time when given several days to prep, so how on earth they could offer up immediate shipping is beyond me.

Back