Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

With all the talk of the Claudia Thompson I'm kind of surprised that it's still in stock.

Theres 'only' 500 copies which I would have expected to sell out really. Its the kind of album that I can see having a lot of discussions on Instagram amongst the people that I follow (as Gábor Szabó and Dorothy Ashby did). Maybe they aren't aware of it yet.
Shhhh, I’m waiting for my next paycheck to pull the trigger

Edit: goddamnit nevermind, I grabbed one

With all the talk of the Claudia Thompson I'm kind of surprised that it's still in stock.

Theres 'only' 500 copies which I would have expected to sell out really. Its the kind of album that I can see having a lot of discussions on Instagram amongst the people that I follow (as Gábor Szabó and Dorothy Ashby did). Maybe they aren't aware of it yet.
I’m surprised it’s in stock too. can’t figure it out. It’s an AAA KG cut that’s not really available anywhere else. And it’s a solid listen. I think it’s gonna be one of those titles that people will really want later.

Ohhhh now I remember how I saw these photos! In summer of 2015 I worked at a Richmond Va. TV station and we a did story on the local photographer who found the negatives. Man, small world. I now work at another station in Norfolk, maybe I should see if we can do a follow up…

Edit: now with an actual working link to the article, which I am about 75% certain I wrote/edited myself lol

Last edited:
I’m surprised it’s in stock too. can’t figure it out. It’s an AAA KG cut that’s not really available anywhere else. And it’s a solid listen. I think it’s gonna be one of those titles that people will really want later.
Agree 100% - just pushed the button on this.

I don’t think it says AAA , and $35 for non-AAA lesser known jazz albums is a lot

The modern harmonic pressing says from the original master tapes and is cut by KG. Seems like this is just another color variant.

I think sundazed/mh are very vague about their sources , usually it’s digital unless specific. But I was going by the VMP store page which almost always specifies AAA nowadays if it actually is.

I think sundazed/mh are very vague about their sources , usually it’s digital unless specific. But I was going by the VMP store page which almost always specifies AAA nowadays if it actually is.
MH says: An Early Stereo marvel from the original 1959 tapes!

Discogs also says from the original master tapes (which I know anybody can add so shouldn’t be gospel).

Either way it’s a KG cut for $30 limited to 500 that’s an actual exclusive now.

MH says: An Early Stereo marvel from the original 1959 tapes!

Discogs also says from the original master tapes (which I know anybody can add so shouldn’t be gospel).

Either way it’s a KG cut for $30 limited to 500 that’s an actual exclusive now.

I assume that means hi res transfer from the tapes, but it’s KG so it’s gonna sound stunning regardless

Played Claudia Thompson in the background yesterday and on a couple of occasions different people asked ‘Who the hell is that???’. To my taste, this is vastly superior to Blossom Dearie or the Abbey Lincoln Classics pick but to each their own!
With Blossom Dearie I often find her vocals to be sickly sweet. When I listen to her music I often only listen to one album rather than one after another, because it becomes too much. I have a few of her albums and her vocals tend to be consistent. With Claudia Thompson, I found (from recently streaming) that I didn't get the same feeling from hers.

Im really looking forward to getting the album, perfect timing as well as I tend to listen to female jazz vocal albums more during the Christmas period for some reason.

Played Claudia Thompson in the background yesterday and on a couple of occasions different people asked ‘Who the hell is that???’. To my taste, this is vastly superior to Blossom Dearie or the Abbey Lincoln Classics pick but to each their own!
I probably like Blossom and Claudia equally so far. Never got into the Abbey Lincoln though for some reason.

I’m with @Selaws about Blossom occasionally being TOO sweet but I only have the one VMP album so it’s not like I listen to a string of her albums back to back.

Agreed. I would have preferred if this were the Classics pick over It’s Magic.

Being UK based and no fan of country music, every time i see some VMP marketing with Joshua RayWalker, I can’t help but think it’s just Andrew Winistorfer taking the piss in standard country Garb.
“I wonder what we could sell just through advertising, I bet most don’t spin this shit anyhow.”
Ievery time I see that guy and it seems I keep on seeing him In every email they send me I smile !

Being UK based and no fan of country music, every time i see some VMP marketing with Joshua RayWalker, I can’t help but think it’s just Andrew Winistorfer taking the piss in standard country Garb.
“I wonder what we could sell just through advertising, I bet most don’t spin this shit anyhow.”
Ievery time I see that guy and it seems I keep on seeing him In every email they send me I smile !
Canada based and I always have the same thought

hippo_campus_lp3645745_large.jpg

Back