Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

This is just a guess but I don't think VMP repressed Sharrock. It was originally limited to 2,000 copies and perhaps VMP held back 100 or so that ended up in Swaps?
Yea, that's likely and smart, I guess, to be able to keep some fire for swaps and keep people invested for months where they don't like the picks but might be able to snag something from the past they missed.

where do I go now to ask for stock? want to compare stocks of Kid Cudi, Redman, and Young Thug.

EDIT: redman < young thug < kid cudi, but not by much

Last edited:
I've never heard of Beverly Copeland, any hard core fans care to give a recommendation or info?
His new age gem ...Keyboard Fantasies... was reissued yet again this year on Transgressive Records. Very meditative and soothing, although certainly not for everyone.

3 Month Thoughts:

1) Strong Rap/Hip Hop drops. If I didn't own them all already, I'd grab each of em.
2) Not too impressed by the country tracks, but will likely grab that Dolly
3) Couldn't be happier for a VMP Mars Volta release
4) Do I need the VMP Bill Withers when I can grab a VG+ for like $15 cheaper?
5) That Public Enemy varian is sexy as hell

I'm a huge fan. Not fully like anything or anyone else. And a fascinating person. Very excited for this to be the last Essentials of my sub. This is a great retrospect if you want a broader look:

Also, the liner notes for the physical release of the compilation are written by Dev Hynes (Blood Orange) whom I also very much love.

3 Month Thoughts:

1) Strong Rap/Hip Hop drops. If I didn't own them all already, I'd grab each of em.
2) Not too impressed by the country tracks, but will likely grab that Dolly
3) Couldn't be happier for a VMP Mars Volta release
4) Do I need the VMP Bill Withers when I can grab a VG+ for like $15 cheaper?
5) That Public Enemy variant is sexy as hell

All today's announcement did was remind me that I should've grabbed Lee Morgan's Take Twelve when I saw it at my local for $16 a year or two ago. Ugh. Considering I passed on it then, it's unlikely I'll willingly pay 2-3x as much this time around (I'm sure it will be a nice reissue, though).

As for the other titles announced, I already have a decent OJC copy of the Abbey Lincoln, don't like Mars Volta, and I'm not a big enough hip-hop or country fan to be tempted by anything else (tbf, I'm sure that Bill Withers is nice but I already have a couple of his albums and don't need any more atm). I guess I'm safe!

Does anyone have that Blackfoot - Youth Power album? I adore the Zamrock anthology, so I'm intrigued but also may have enough Zamrock in my collection. It's a conundrum. Convince me?

Also, I'm new to Beverly Glenn-Copeland. The Times wrote an article around the time that Transmissions album came out. It's a good read:

For July I’m only in for The Mars Volta and Abbey Lincoln. However, I am in for all four ROTM’s for August and September! 🕺

I love every single ROTM for August and September, including the Country ROTM’s and the Beverly Glenn-Copeland ROTM! ✅💎

I've been listening to BGC all morning... not my usual cup of tea, but he has such a spiritually enlightening sound, and a presence to match, so happy for this discovery - thank you VMP. This album will definitely have a place in my collection somewhere, particularly after reading a bit of his back story and recent financial struggles.

I've been listening to BGC all morning... not my usual cup of tea, but he has such a spiritually enlightening sound, and a presence to match, so happy for this discovery - thank you VMP. This album will definitely have a place in my collection somewhere, particularly after reading a bit of his back story and recent financial struggles.
Yes! I really enjoyed listening to a bit of it this morning! It’s very earthy, spiritual, and a beautiful album to get lost in! I was blown away by how elegant yet piercing “Ghost House” was; a truly stunning song! I’m extremely excited to spin the Beverly Glenn-Copeland ROTM! It will absolutely warm me up during the cold months of August and September in Melbourne! ☺️🕯

Knowing about those financial struggles made me extra pleased with VMP's Essentials choice. I imagine it's especially great timing.

Back