Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I think if you can spare 60 or so USD, for for the 45 RPM version of this LP

if not this still isn't bad considering how much that 45 RPM price

but it also can be argued that with 2k floating around now, the 45 RPM version may go down in price slightly

Sonny Sharrock records (at least some titles) are fairly easy to find, so this isn't say like a Noah Howard record or something

Also keep in mind bigger free jazz artists like Sun Ra and Cecil Taylor are still available at VMP....so if you wanna wait a month or 2 I think you would be ok? Goes to show for the most part free jazz isn't want your normal VMP jazz person is looking for. This and the Cecil Taylor record are worth getting (especially with the Taylor record on sale), another reason why I'm legit surprised that VMP not only pressed this amount, but pressed it period..
The Cecil Taylor still being there after all this time still blows my mind. I bought that and the Art Ensemble Of Chicago record for a combined total of around £20 back during one of the other sales they had, which is well worth the money.

Sonny Sharrock comes to around £25 including the free postage. I imagine I would struggle to find a copy at that price (including postage) here in the UK.

Hopefully Sonny Sharrock makes it to swaps with a number like 2000 pressed. Should I even bother crossing my fingers?

The re-stocks of Blossom Dearie ($34) and HBMS ($40) are live in the store. If you like rolling the dice, you could risk waiting to see if either makes it to swaps next month. No word on the size of either re-pressing.

The re-stocks of Blossom Dearie ($34) and HBMS ($40) are live in the store. If you like rolling the dice, you could risk waiting to see if either makes it to swaps next month. No word on the size of either re-pressing.
Such horse shit they "sold out" in swaps only to be available the day after swaps close for an $11 and $17 markup. I wish I could say I am surprised. I got mine in swaps (HBMS, Blossom isn't quite my style) but had a friend that missed out.

Such horse shit they "sold out" in swaps only to be available the day after swaps close for an $11 and $17 markup. I wish I could say I am surprised. I got mine in swaps (HBMS, Blossom isn't quite my style) but had a friend that missed out.

I fully agree, but at the same time, they did announce that the swap copies were part of a larger re-press. They also could have left them out of swaps entirely, and cashed in to a greater extent. I think their goal was to get a limited number of copies into the hands of customers who previously lost out due to VMP overselling (this happened to me twice on Blossom). They sent an email to give a heads up, which I did appreciate. Of course, word always gets out here and on reddit, and it becomes a free for all (though I was able to grab both in swaps).

All of that said, I'm fairly certain $34 and $40 are significant markups vs. the original list prices on both of these, so still a healthy serving of horse shit.

I fully agree, but at the same time, they did announce that the swap copies were part of a larger re-press. They also could have left them out of swaps entirely, and cashed in to a greater extent. I think their goal was to get a limited number of copies into the hands of customers who previously lost out due to VMP overselling (this happened to me twice on Blossom). They sent an email to give a heads up, which I did appreciate. Of course, word always gets out here and on reddit, and it becomes a free for all (though I was able to grab both in swaps).

All of that said, I'm fairly certain $34 and $40 are significant markups vs. the original list prices on both of these, so still a healthy serving of horse shit.
The $34 and $40 is now the ROTM standard price sadly, no matter what it is. That's why you see stuff like TVOTR in the store for $40 even though I think I must have paid $23 or less for it initially. They don't have different prices based on when they were released. I get that they are trying to get you to sign up to be a member to get the better pricing in swaps.

The $34 and $40 is now the ROTM standard price sadly, no matter what it is. That's why you see stuff like TVOTR in the store for $40 even though I think I must have paid $23 or less for it initially. They don't have different prices based on when they were released. I get that they are trying to get you to sign up to be a member to get the better pricing in swaps.

Yes, I'm aware. Just pointing out that their price hike took place after these two were initially released. I seem to recall that for a short stint they would release new copies in the store at original pricing, but they eventually scrapped that.

Back