Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Highly recommend this album!

Don't waste your time with that vmp Sonny Sharrock. My 2LP 45 rpm from hive is fantastic. Still easily available I believe.
At least in the US, that version goes from $60-80 so I mean, that is a tough ask for some to pull a trigger, even for those into free jazz/avant etc. 35-ish seems more reasonable, but I agree 45 RPM would prob be the better version

sonny sharrock was not a name i expected to see pop up from vmp today.

and yes, a third recommendation to seek out the 2x45 released on hive mind a couple years ago. doesn't seem as readily available anymore, but if you're avoiding vmp, there is another option.

I want to jump on that "deal" but have no interest in the essential and already have a copy of the Prince Paul that I'm happy with. I've sent an email to the blackhole that is VMP CS to see if I have to choose from just those 2 anyone have experience from the last sale?

Last time you could start with any prior ROTM ... I started mine with Caroline Rose, which was a couple of months old at that point.

You had to go through the archive and choose "Start my subscription with this album". I'm not sure how it works this time.

I know Spotify plays don’t mean too much, but a pressing of 2,000 for artist with only 17k monthly plays seems excessively high.

dang, my hopes were really up on there being copies of blossom dearie available to purchase today. even though i've vowed to stop buying beyond my subscription.

Yup. Got the same exact email so it must be a form letter. I replied that I still wanted a partial refund unless they're going to be pressing new copies that look like the mock up
Update on High Violet color...

They're working on it....

😐

I ordered it too and it sound fine but it looks absolutely nothing like the mockup. So you all reached out to them about this? I figured it is VMP so I'd just take my losses unless they want to give me a credit.

I’ve been screwed over several times by VMP and swore not to give them my business beyond my subscription to Classics and the occasional add on track.

But I really want this Sonny Sharrock record. Do I give in? Or do I stand my ground?

I know Spotify plays don’t mean too much, but a pressing of 2,000 for artist with only 17k monthly plays seems excessively high.
To be fair it may be safe to say that many (including myself) listen to Sonny Sharrock pretty much on some sort of physical media and not really streaming. Especially due to the fact that much of his stuff is physical only. As I said, 2k is way too much, but I think if that reissue didn't already come out and/or this was his early releases (such as the one on BYG/Actuel, or Black Woman) 2k may seem to make a bit more sense

At least in the US, that version goes from $60-80 so I mean, that is a tough ask for some to pull a trigger, even for those into free jazz/avant etc. 35-ish seems more reasonable, but I agree 45 RPM would prob be the better version

Didn't realize that, I would recommend ordering from a UK shop. It should be much cheaper even with the shipping.

I ordered it too and it sound fine but it looks absolutely nothing like the mockup. So you all reached out to them about this? I figured it is VMP so I'd just take my losses unless they want to give me a credit.
Yeah I did. I’ve seen some swings and misses on mock ups before but this one was so bad it deserved an email.

I’ve been screwed over several times by VMP and swore not to give them my business beyond my subscription to Classics and the occasional add on track.

But I really want this Sonny Sharrock record. Do I give in? Or do I stand my ground?
I think if you can spare 60 or so USD, for for the 45 RPM version of this LP

if not this still isn't bad considering how much that 45 RPM price

but it also can be argued that with 2k floating around now, the 45 RPM version may go down in price slightly

Sonny Sharrock records (at least some titles) are fairly easy to find, so this isn't say like a Noah Howard record or something

Also keep in mind bigger free jazz artists like Sun Ra and Cecil Taylor are still available at VMP....so if you wanna wait a month or 2 I think you would be ok? Goes to show for the most part free jazz isn't want your normal VMP jazz person is looking for. This and the Cecil Taylor record are worth getting (especially with the Taylor record on sale), another reason why I'm legit surprised that VMP not only pressed this amount, but pressed it period..

The VMP drops today are all 🔥🥊🔥🎉🔥

Definitely grab the Steve & Teresa “Catching A Wave” exclusive! It’s dreamy, chilled, elegant, romantic, tropical folk music with some jazzy vocals! It’s also such a great deal for $23 and the colour variant looks sweet! Instant grab! ⛱🏝

Margo Guryan’s “Take A Picture” was also an instant grab for me! The album has a psychadelic, summer, dreamy, hazy sound! I love the Parisian-like, enchanting vocals and the simplicity of the lyrics! It’s such a vibe! Reminds me a little bit of Melody’s Echo Chamber! Instant grab too! 💯🎯

I’ve already got Harold Alexander’s “Sunshine Man”! Can’t recommend that album enough! It’s just such a soulful, relaxing, buttery-smooth jazz album! I’m definitely going to spin that album tomorrow because it is just 👌🔆

So happy all these VMP store drops aren’t new release albums and are reissues! ✅🙏

Anyone think this will last by weekend? New Credit card statement starts Saturday

I think if you can spare 60 or so USD, for for the 45 RPM version of this LP

if not this still isn't bad considering how much that 45 RPM price

but it also can be argued that with 2k floating around now, the 45 RPM version may go down in price slightly

Sonny Sharrock records (at least some titles) are fairly easy to find, so this isn't say like a Noah Howard record or something

Also keep in mind bigger free jazz artists like Sun Ra and Cecil Taylor are still available at VMP....so if you wanna wait a month or 2 I think you would be ok? Goes to show for the most part free jazz isn't want your normal VMP jazz person is looking for. This and the Cecil Taylor record are worth getting (especially with the Taylor record on sale), another reason why I'm legit surprised that VMP not only pressed this amount, but pressed it period..
Good advice. $60 is a bit more than I want to spend, so I think I’ll hold off a bit and see if the prices go down a bit on that 45 RPM pressing. Worst case, I’ll swallow my pride and purchase it from VMP if need be.

2000 is definitely a surprising amount! It’s definitely going to be sitting in the store for a long time... tempting me.

I want to jump on that "deal" but have no interest in the essential and already have a copy of the Prince Paul that I'm happy with. I've sent an email to the blackhole that is VMP CS to see if I have to choose from just those 2 anyone have experience from the last sale?
Same. Although I tried to rejoin for 3 months at $87 and it won't let me for some reason. I guess VMP doesn't want my money 💰 🤷‍♂️

Back