Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I would love it if they chose some Jorge Ben. I'd take those picks 10 times out of 10 over ones like Phoenix. So why do we think it's Africa Brasil? If they choose a Ben album, I'd prefer Samba Esquima Novo, but AB would be still be some choice shit.
I’d be fine with one of these as rotm and the other as an exclusive!

Maybe I’m remembering wrong but I thought it was hinted that July was going to be Jorge Ben - Africa Brasil

When Storf said it was from Brazil, I guessed Africa Brasil and he responded with "Bend the knee." I took that as a possible affirmation, but who knows...

Storf talked about stuff in the works with FANIA a while back. Not sure if any of that ties to this months Classics or Essentials.

It could. Or maybe a Fania Anthology?

Would love this.

Whether it is or not, this is getting reissued in August.

I think I read somewhere that August is supposed to be a 15, 20, or 25 year anniversary album. Going to assume it’s this and not double dip

Speaking of Santana, this oral history of Smooth is pretty great

I think I read somewhere that August is supposed to be a 15, 20, or 25 year anniversary album. Going to assume it’s this and not double dip
I'm not making assumptions with how they pick ROTMs. I pre-ordered this on amazon and they won't charge me till it ships so I'm safe in case it's not the AOTM. And if so, I cancel my preorder.

Back