Vintage Equipment

Sorry to hear. Stress on untreated plywood layers over time will do that. There is MDF which can be stronger but I'm not sure I would do it the same way. Well, there other ways to go. Do you have the space to go to a double space rack ? Or can you straighten out the plywood with weights ? You could then mount that to the wall or piece of MDF then the wall with two Home Depot heavy duty wall shelf brackets, they make them in white and black. Or there is the authentic wall shelves idea for your tables.
Back to the drawing board with this whole plan. Lol. Thought about a stone remnant of the roughly the same size but not sure about that. I like having them both there but not sure it’s gonna work.

I could hear the motor turning from a foot or two away. It was plugged into a Panamax power conditioner.. I never gave it much thought when I had it because the sound had long since disappeared by the time I sat down in my seat. But it became extremely noticeable once I was using the Thorens instead (silent other than initial belt whir) and then the Sony, which I can't tell is on with my ear on it.

On the flip side, the MoFi UD/UT combo was quieter in the grooves than the Sony/Shure combo. I am hoping that the Jico SAS stylus will close that gap a little.

I bought the Sony from the original owner who had all the manuals and sales flyers from the store. Fun stuff to read. View attachment 103435
I don’t think the stylus will make the difference as far as groove noise. The MoFi measures 7 dB better in regards to signal to noise ratio.

Nice table and extras though.

I don’t think the stylus will make the difference as far as groove noise. The MoFi measures 7 dB better in regards to signal to noise ratio.

Nice table and extras though.
A lot of people mention lower groove noise as a big benefit of the Jico SAS stylus.. guess I'll find out soon enough! If I don't notice a huge difference I can unload it pretty quick..

A lot of people mention lower groove noise as a big benefit of the Jico SAS stylus.. guess I'll find out soon enough! If I don't notice a huge difference I can unload it pretty quick..

I could see a VPI Classic in your future. If you can make it over the GW to Jersey Mat or Harry might even demo it for you or there is used.

I'm still on the 1200G waiting list. Lot going on around here though.. renovation beginning in next month or so. Likely heading back to the office 3 days a week in September, kid going off to college... what the hell, why not add a 3rd table to the mix? Might set up a system in the new guest room, vacated by the college kid.. lol

Added some lighting. Whatever. Getting my freak on before my commute starts back up in September. Leave me alone. Lol. Very cool really. Govee light bars. Controlled on my phone.

I did plug them into a different outlet than my audio equipment for whatever reason. 6741FD4C-0C23-424A-B0E2-DD133136EC80.jpeg

Keeping both tables for now but separating them again on different racks in the same room. Struggling to get motivated enough to do it.

Back