Vincent PHO 500, replacing PHO 8?

dansomeone

Is the beloved Vincent PHO 8 preamp being phased out? Audio Advisor is promoting Vincent's new PHO 500 preamp:

Both models use the two-chassis design, and their specs appear to be identical. (edit: The PHO 500 does add a USB output.) The main difference is the price. The PHO 500 retails for $600, twice the normal cost of the PHO 8. Those considering the PHO 8 might want to act soon before the stock dries up.

Last edited:
Is the beloved Vincent PHO 8 preamp being phased out? Audio Advisor is promoting Vincent's new PHO 500 preamp:

Both models use the two-chassis design, and their specs appear to be identical. The main difference is the price. The new PHO 500 retails for $600, twice the normal cost of the PHO 8. Those considering the PHO 8 might want to act soon before the stock dries up.
I guess putting a new shell on the same innards is one way to charge more.....I hope that's not the case.

Both models use the two-chassis design, and their specs appear to be identical. The main difference is the price. The new PHO 500 retails for $600, twice the normal cost of the PHO 8. Those considering the PHO 8 might want to act soon before the stock dries up.
Looks to be a USB output, which is also available on their tube preamp the Pho 700/701 for $500...

This is terrible news. I love my Pho8 and could care less about USB. What a shame. Part of me wants to horde the remaining stock for future members (sort of kidding).

Back