Upstate NY

gouis

Master of Magnetism
Admin
We're close to the Toronto Weird Boys but not close enough.

People think we're close to NYC but it's like 6 hours away.

The weather is cold and overcast, the beer and local food is great, and the cost of living is unbeatable (if you have a job).

Welcome to Upstate NY!

I have coworkers from NY state and we always argue about what’s considered upstate.

I say anything north of Albany is upstate. One of my coworkers is from Poughkeepsie and says he’s from upstate. That’s not upstate, that’s Western Connecticut.

To people from NYC we’re upstate to people from everywhere else in NY we’re not. I might recreate a Hudson Valley group but I don’t think there are that many of us.

To people from NYC we’re upstate to people from everywhere else in NY we’re not. I might recreate a Hudson Valley group but I don’t think there are that many of us.
You're borderline, but TBH anything outside "the city" is upstate in the eyes of the masses.

K. Make a NYC thread so I can post about how it’s my personal version of hell.
21 year old me yearned for and tried so hard to live in New York when I graduated college. It didn’t happen.

27 year old me would absolutely hate living in New York. It’s nice to visit but there’s too many things that I don’t like about it to live there full time.

x8205y8dl6v21.png

This is accurate except for the raspberry sauce/mozzarella stick thing. I’ve never heard of it or seen it on a menu anywhere. I’ve lived here for over 20 years.

I think it's mostly a Capital Region thing. Not sure why it extends so far south.

This is accurate except for the raspberry sauce/mozzarella stick thing. I’ve never heard of it or seen it on a menu anywhere. I’ve lived here for over 20 years.
I’ve never heard of that and it sounds monstrous

Last time I was in Rochester, Easter weekend, I checked out Record Archive and Bop Shop on Monroe. Both were pretty cool stores, and I especially dug the lounge/bar in the back at Record Archive. Anywhere else I should check out when I'm in town?

Last time I was in Rochester, Easter weekend, I checked out Record Archive and Bop Shop on Monroe. Both were pretty cool stores, and I especially dug the lounge/bar in the back at Record Archive. Anywhere else I should check out when I'm in town?
For record stores the Record Archive is unparalleled here. Bop shop is probably #2 depending on your tastes.

Back