Upcoming/Recent Shows

I saw Waxahatchee kick off her tour in KC last night. It was lovely. My first show that required proof of vax and entry was actually really smooth. Lots of masks on even for an outdoor show which was encouraging to see.
View attachment 110742

Kevin Morby joined her for a song during the encore as well.
View attachment 110741
Seeing her Thursday!

First day of Railbird Festival in the books.
For those interested...Railbird day 1 was a complete @#$! show for any unsavvy festivaler. Pretty hot day with extremely long water lines...2.5 hour drink lines...a single small Merch tent.

Day 2 they quickly implemented changes that made a big difference: Allowed folks to bring in their own water, and gave it away in large ICE boxes, separated beer and cocktail ordering, brought in actual staffing from the Keeneland track.

Kudos to them for reacting quickly! ...but boo to them for letting the Fyre folks host day 1. ;)

For those interested...Railbird day 1 was a complete @#$! show for any unsavvy festivaler. Pretty hot day with extremely long water lines...2.5 hour drink lines...a single small Merch tent.

Day 2 they quickly implemented changes that made a big difference: Allowed folks to bring in their own water, and gave it away in large ICE boxes, separated beer and cocktail ordering, brought in actual staffing from the Keeneland track.

Kudos to them for reacting quickly! ...but boo to them for letting the Fyre folks host day 1. ;)
I honestly don't think I would have survived day 1 without my camelback. Waited a half hour in line inside the bourbon building place to refill it from the bathroom water fountain because it was faster than the water refill stations.

For those who have been to Merriweather Post Pavillion: I'll be heading there in October for the first time! Do you recommend staying in DC, Baltimore, or near the venue?
Not sure if you already have a plan for this but I would say that if you’re driving for the show, I’d just try to find a place to stay near the venue, as the venue is miles away from both Baltimore and DC and I don’t believe there’s any public transportation that goes there (at least not from DC). Also, paying for overnight parking would be a pain in DC but probably not bad in Columbia, MD.

Fotocrime had their album release show last night. All three openers had their first show in a while, too. They were all fantastic and badass.

Future Fossils
PXL_20210903_235504553.NIGHT.jpg

Fools Ghost
PXL_20210904_010549620.NIGHT.jpg

the Austerity Program
PXL_20210904_015508696.NIGHT.jpg

Fotocrime
PXL_20210904_024503218.NIGHT.jpg

After the show, I picked up vinyl from each and got them to sign them, too.

Julien Baker was really good tonight at the 9:30 club! ( I forgot to take pictures though.) Was really glad they required masks and proof of vaccination because it was just as crowded as the old days.
Glad you enjoyed it! I'm sad that I'll miss her. I sold my tickets for tonight at the Beacon Theatre. I had 2nd row center aisle, but I'm still just not comfortable going to an indoor show. Our next show is Sea Hear Now this weekend which is outside. I am holding tix for a few indoor shows in the coming weeks, will have to see what my level of comfort is as they approach.

Glad you enjoyed it! I'm sad that I'll miss her. I sold my tickets for tonight at the Beacon Theatre. I had 2nd row center aisle, but I'm still just not comfortable going to an indoor show. Our next show is Sea Hear Now this weekend which is outside. I am holding tix for a few indoor shows in the coming weeks, will have to see what my level of comfort is as they approach.

I've got Ohana (and Ohana Encore) coming up, so I'm looking forward to hearing how Sea Hear Now goes. Past Ohana's have been super packed at the front, so I just plan on hanging out in the back this time as I doubt they've adjust the capacity at all.

I've got Ohana (and Ohana Encore) coming up, so I'm looking forward to hearing how Sea Hear Now goes. Past Ohana's have been super packed at the front, so I just plan on hanging out in the back this time as I doubt they've adjust the capacity at all.
We're coming down for Ohana too, hoping nothing too crazy. Do notice quite a few tickets up for sale, hopefully that will thin it out a bit.

We're coming down for Ohana too, hoping nothing too crazy. Do notice quite a few tickets up for sale, hopefully that will thin it out a bit.
From past experience, try to stake out a place between the main stage & tiki stage for the first part of the day. Ed usually comes out and plays with a band or two on the smaller stage, you get some good variety there, and it doesn't pack up until later in the evening. They are putting bigger acts on the small stage this year too - like Spoon on Saturday.

From past experience, try to stake out a place between the main stage & tiki stage for the first part of the day. Ed usually comes out and plays with a band or two on the smaller stage, you get some good variety there, and it doesn't pack up until later in the evening. They are putting bigger acts on the small stage this year too - like Spoon on Saturday.
Surprised they're using that small stage that much, but it might help spread out the crowd. We went the first year and had a good time, but a good sized crowd. I don't think we'll go until about 3pm each day, so will probably get what we get for a spot.

I've seen a lot of people trying to dump SHN tix, and I'm still not sure if people from Europe can attend (no idea what the rules are these days as I haven't flown in almost 2 years)

I am psyched for Reignwolf, Goose and of course PJ. I know that people will be queuing the night before, but I have no interest in being in an area packed with people. We will be chilling at the back, avoiding the crowds. Vax / neg test required, but so many fake vax cards out there, I don't have confidence that they will catch anyone using a fraudulent card. Skipping the Reignwolf late show at Wonder Bar after PJ, though I did buy tix for them at Brooklyn Bowl for the following week. Will see how I feel about that.

Back