UK Members

Quick question re VMP - I just got the Norah Jones AP pressing and VMP declared a customs value of $15 on it. Does anybody know how much they put down for a ROTM, or two or three if you add tracks? Norwegian customs are very aggressive so just wanting to understand how VMP do it to avoid getting stung. (I'm coming up to my final month with VMP and of course they've yet to send me an actual ROTM! Just wondering if I should max out this month or not)

Quick question re VMP - I just got the Norah Jones AP pressing and VMP declared a customs value of $15 on it. Does anybody know how much they put down for a ROTM, or two or three if you add tracks? Norwegian customs are very aggressive so just wanting to understand how VMP do it to avoid getting stung. (I'm coming up to my final month with VMP and of course they've yet to send me an actual ROTM! Just wondering if I should max out this month or not)
So if you remember a while ago there were talks of VMP declaring the full value on items and people getting stung by customs. I began taking note of each package I received to make sure I didnt get a ton of custom fees. As it happens they have only ever declared the value as 1usd for me, so I have never had to pay customs on anything from them, including big boxes (I still think they made a loss when I bought the Kanto YU6 speakers from them.....shipping must of been a killer on their end). 15usd sounds like such a random figure to add to the AP's as well.

So if you remember a while ago there were talks of VMP declaring the full value on items and people getting stung by customs. I began taking note of each package I received to make sure I didnt get a ton of custom fees. As it happens they have only ever declared the value as 1usd for me, so I have never had to pay customs on anything from them, including big boxes (I still think they made a loss when I bought the Kanto YU6 speakers from them.....shipping must of been a killer on their end). 15usd sounds like such a random figure to add to the AP's as well.
OK, Cool. If everyone else is the same sounds like I'm OK (but would still prefer to get one myself). I've always thought they could try to get round it by arguing you paid a subscription upfront so the actual record is "free". The problem is - as always with customs - if I get caught with a $35 record, I have to pay $35 extra in fees 😬

Back