UK Members

Not really sure if Phrenology is still available, but if it is and any UK member is able to get it with their coming package (as an add-on, swap etc) then I'd be interested in buying. I can give a UK address and pay for everything, natch.

Just did 14,000 steps record shopping in London! Spittalfields Market, Flashback, Yo-Yo, Rough Trade East and a couple of others. A decent haul, skint, but pretty chuffed.

whats spitalfieds market like for records? It’s donkey’s years since I’ve been there.

whats spitalfieds market like for records? It’s donkey’s years since I’ve been there.
If you like records of a certain vintage then it’s great. Lots of classic rock, soul, reggae etc, but nothing current. Only walked out with one album and a single, but I could have spent more if I wanted to get records I grew up with on vinyl. I lose my bottle in the soul & reggae sections: I know I like this stuff but have no idea where to start, so can’t say if they had good stuff.

Did the most damage in Flashback Shoreditch. Always like a shop that puts googley eyes on spare records...

33F7EBD1-E839-44EA-A565-B3691C39AA75.jpeg

I was in Fopp earlier (grabbed Julien Baker 'Turn Out The Lights' and Rammstein's 'Liebe ist für alle da') and I always wonder if I'm unknowingly rubbing shoulders with any of you whilst flipping through the records.

I was in Fopp earlier (grabbed Julien Baker 'Turn Out The Lights' and Rammstein's 'Liebe ist für alle da') and I always wonder if I'm unknowingly rubbing shoulders with any of you whilst flipping through the records.
Funnily enough I’ve now spotted three people from my record photos Instagram account timeline in real life but never spoken to any of them as it seems a bit weird.

Checking in on the UK crew - are we all safe and well?
Thanks mate, so far so good. I worked all last week and the tubes and buses were much quieter. I was told to stay home this week and some of my colleagues took their turn but for some reason the tubes have got really packed again so I'm glad I'm home. My work is considering going totally dark next week so I may be home for some time. Home schooling is fun, sort of. I've learnt a metric shit-ton of information that I'm sure I'll have forgotten soon enough but it is kinda cool seeing the boys learn all this stuff too and likely retain it a lot better than me.
Found myself ordering some records just to feel like I was doing something normal yesterday. Mrs Moore is going to risk the shopping run tomorrow. It's friggin' weird, that's for sure.
Hope you and all yours are well and the rest of the gang here.

Thanks mate, so far so good. I worked all last week and the tubes and buses were much quieter. I was told to stay home this week and some of my colleagues took their turn but for some reason the tubes have got really packed again so I'm glad I'm home. My work is considering going totally dark next week so I may be home for some time. Home schooling is fun, sort of. I've learnt a metric shit-ton of information that I'm sure I'll have forgotten soon enough but it is kinda cool seeing the boys learn all this stuff too and likely retain it a lot better than me.
Found myself ordering some records just to feel like I was doing something normal yesterday. Mrs Moore is going to risk the shopping run tomorrow. It's friggin' weird, that's for sure.
Hope you and all yours are well and the rest of the gang here.
Still working away at home here. Strangely, I’m changing jobs on Wednesday so the whole thing is a little strange.

Very quiet up here, only really getting out to walk the dog. My wife is on immunity suppression drugs and I have asthma, so we aren’t taking any chances...

Hi Guys
Yeah home with Fam too.
I don’t have loads to do when at home - literally nothing today workwise. Might go DIY hard on house.
Kids been amazing - massively motivated to home learn! Literally asking school for more work everyday (i’m not sure they are my kids) I would have been doing next to nothing at that age.
Laplsey has a new album on Spotify - i liked the VMP release - a family fave. Not everyone did for sure tho. Got a bit of criticism from the forum at the time.

Hi Guys
Yeah home with Fam too.
I don’t have loads to do when at home - literally nothing today workwise. Might go DIY hard on house.
Kids been amazing - massively motivated to home learn! Literally asking school for more work everyday (i’m not sure they are my kids) I would have been doing next to nothing at that age.
Laplsey has a new album on Spotify - i liked the VMP release - a family fave. Not everyone did for sure tho. Got a bit of criticism from the forum at the time.
Had a quick listen to it last week. Definitely deserves another listen.

I’m apparently an “essential” worker , so as a bank manager I’m in every day but only 10-2 , watching the great British public totally miss the point of isolating and essential journeys , acting as if it’s a holiday and puttering about a lot more than they should be ..especially the over 70’s ... scary how some people still don't get this..came home today and loads of kids out riding about as if it’s a school holiday ..madness

I work at a transmitter site on a big hill in the north west and it is genuinely upsetting to see how many people think that this is the time to walk up the hill with all of their families. It’s like the first week of their summer holidays or something.

where abouts in north west ?

Back