Third Man Records Vault

I think they ship international first, so all of us US folks have to wait patiently.

Yeah, I know that but all these talks of media mail made me think US orders are arriving. I know TMR tracking normally takes awhile to update so if we’re all in the same boat Im not worried. Thanks!

Yeah, I know that but all these talks of media mail made me think US orders are arriving. I know TMR tracking normally takes awhile to update so if we’re all in the same boat Im not worried. Thanks!
Same here. No movement. Not worried.

They send orders out in waves in a rotating fashion (it at least used to be based on first name sometimes and last name others. I think it still is.). So sometimes your order will be shipped or about to ship when you receive the email and other times you might have to wait awhile.

They send orders out in waves in a rotating fashion (it at least used to be based on first name sometimes and last name others. I think it still is.). So sometimes your order will be shipped or about to ship when you receive the email and other times you might have to wait awhile.

Yeah Im not worried yet, Been a Vault member for a bit over a year now. Just figured I checked since they switched to Media Mail to see if everyone else was in the same status

Got my copy in today. The remastered album sounds great and has a couple of pretty solid songs (I think meet me at the movies is kind of dumb though). The attic demos are... Interesting, they're a neat addition but they definitely sound rough. Basically as you would expect from being recorded in an attic.

Even though I’m only a lukewarm Jack White fan I’m thinking I’ll still open this one and give it a shot. I’m curious if nothing else.

Still trying to figure out how I’m gonna ditch this Sleep box though. There’s so damn many for sale in Discogs.

They really should have goosed up the package and made the Ann Arbor set a Vault.

Even though I’m only a lukewarm Jack White fan I’m thinking I’ll still open this one and give it a shot. I’m curious if nothing else.

Still trying to figure out how I’m gonna ditch this Sleep box though. There’s so damn many for sale in Discogs.

They really should have goosed up the package and made the Ann Arbor set a Vault.
Yeah, you missed the window on the Sleep set. I think the sales window lasted all of about 2 weeks and for more than retail. After that, the demand was satiated.

I sold one on discogs in the last couple of weeks for slightly above cost($75 I think?). So, it could happen! You just have to believe!

Thought I would just share my experience of getting my first official vault package (preaching to the converted I know!).

I love the Whatcha Doin' Redux, it sounds fantastic and wayyy better audio quality than the versions I have been streaming. The 'Summer Sun' colour pressing was a slight disappointment, the colour itself is great but theres almost no colour variation compared to the renders/mock-up they initial showed.

The Ferdinand Attic Demos LP are really really really rough. I had to drop the volume right down because its such a harsh sound. It's a shame because its some great music, but honestly it sounds like a really bad bootleg, the kind that you would certainly be looking to get your money back on. This is, again, a real shame as I know these kind of bonus releases tend to be pretty stellar from Third Man. The only caveat I would add here is that im not a die-hard fan of the band, in fact, I only heard of them when they were announced as this vault package so im sure big fans of the band would appreciate this more than I do.

The 7" is a nice add on, and interesting to compare these studio takes with the final singles.

The 10"x 8" book is another nice add on, raw again but that kind of fits in with the group's sounds. I will likely flick through each time I listen to the record. The other Vault package I have is the Icky Thump X and the photo book in that set had a decent little write up by the photographer which was interesting, and there's also one in this book which is superb.

The package itself was shipped perfectly, plenty of protection and im actually keeping the neat card protector with the Third Man logo, thats a great touch!

So all in all im pretty happy with it. Its certainly on the steep side as an international customer, but this is kind of justified by the overall quality (although the attic demos audio significantly reduces this). I'm looking forward to the next one more than I was with this, but still, I've spent the best part of a couple of hours pouring over the set and its been great fun.

Back