The Tom Waits Thread

Hey I love Tom Waits. Never seen him!

I have one of those RSD like 2010 or so Mule Variations, with the photograph insert, anyway- does anyone know if it's worth upgrading to the recent remaster?

The only time I’ve ever sat very front row at a concert was Tom Waits in St. Louis on the Glitter & Doom tour. It was a top 10 experience of my life.

Is another one of your top 10 moments Survivor Series 1998?

I had the opportunity to purchase OG copies of Bone Machine AND The Black Rider for like $30USD each decades ago.....and like an IDIOIT, passed them up! 😖

Oh well, I grabbed the Capercaillie albums. They were excellent! 😊

Been waiting for this thread to pop up! Cheers @Jake!

Thank @Count_Vader for his drunken reminder!!

Everyone knows Tom is my absolute favorite. My favorite album changes every day but I think it's most consistently Bone Machine, which as has been said already, desperately needs a RP. I have a shitty bootleg and an original, but I would love a version to get a really nice 180g treatment of some sort.

Also, how great was he in Buster Scruggs? One of my favorite acting performances from him to date

Anybody have a favorite bootleg?
I think I have listened to his '76 show at Shaboo's in Willimantic, CT about 100 times, it never gets old!

NOTE: if you search it out, try to find BOTH sets... there was an early set and a late set, all different material, monologues, and stories. The widely traded bootleg CD truncates an unfortunate amount.

FULL SET LIST EARLY:
Eggs And Sausage
Fumblin' With The Blues
Jitterbug Boy
The One That Got Away
Pasties and A G-String
The Ghosts Of Saturday Night
The Heart Of Saturday Night
Emotional Weather Report
I Wish I Was In New Orleans
Small Change
Outro

FULL SET LIST LATE:
Spare Parts
Invitation To The Blues
Depot Depot
San Diego Seranade
New Coat Of Paint
Putnam County/ Big Joe and Phantom 309
Diamonds On My Windshield
Tom Traubert's Blues

Pretty excited about an ebay order I put in last night. I was bidding on a first press copy of Bone Machine and won it for £30 all in. I have bid on a number of these over the years but they always go for stupid money. What makes it even better is that it was a charity auction, so all the proceeds are going to the British Heart Foundation. As long as they listed it correctly, everyone will be a winner.

Now to get rid of this bootleg I picked up a while back :ROFLMAO:

Pretty excited about an ebay order I put in last night. I was bidding on a first press copy of Bone Machine and won it for £30 all in. I have bid on a number of these over the years but they always go for stupid money. What makes it even better is that it was a charity auction, so all the proceeds are going to the British Heart Foundation. As long as they listed it correctly, everyone will be a winner.

Now to get rid of this bootleg I picked up a while back :ROFLMAO:
Hopefully it’s legit! It’s kind of hard to tell a difference between an OG and those bootlegs unless pics are good or you have one in your hands. He is bound to reissue this sometime right? It’s definitely in my top 5 of his albums.

Well the copy of Bone Machine I bought from the British Heart Foundation on eBay came and.......its an original! Super excited to finally have this. I've been to a number of shops and fairs where they had this but were asking silly prices (one guy at a fair wanted £80 for a copy that had a ripped up jacket and had pen marks on the label). Last confirmed original to sell on eBay went for £125 so im super happy with my £30 purchase!! Now to find a copy of the Black Rider.....

Back