The May 2023 Record Spin Challenge: Silver Screen Edition

30 Star Wars Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back
"Ohhh. Great warrior. [laughs and shakes his head] Wars not make one great." Yoda

I'll go on the nose...

Day 28 Fast Times at Ridgemont High
"All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine" - Jeff Spicoli
Interpret how you wish
OR
Play some surf rock or something that goes well with a buzz

I'll play Wavves "King of the Beach" because it's been a while and they strike me as the type of guys that would be rolling with Spicoli in an alternate universe! I once went to a Best Coast show and was hyped about it, Wavves were the openers and I was indifferent to them at the time and they absolutely KILLED IT! It was an amazing set and really changed my opinion on them, Best Coast were boring, I was so disappointed by their set! That's all I got!

31 There Will Be Blood
"I'm finished."

Orgone "Undercover Mixtape" (2018 Colemine)
Orgone nailed it with this mix of covers and I especially love their interpretation of the closer, a cover of Funkadelic's Cosmic Slop.

NzUtNjYzOS5qcGVn.jpeg

On this note, many thanks to @ranbalam for organizing the month. Good challenges as always. Unfortunate that we lost the ability to upload photos directly but I'm sure it'll be back soon.

In the meantime, I want to share with you all what my month ended up looking like. Took a bit of internet gymnastics to upload this but I didn't want it to go to waste. Anyway, I'm sure nobody noticed but I gave myself a bonus challenge and color-coordinated my selections into a rainbow... See you all next month.

uc

On this note, many thanks to @ranbalam for organizing the month. Good challenges as always. Unfortunate that we lost the ability to upload photos directly but I'm sure it'll be back soon.

In the meantime, I want to share with you all what my month ended up looking like. Took a bit of internet gymnastics to upload this but I didn't want it to go to waste. Anyway, I'm sure nobody noticed but I gave myself a bonus challenge and color-coordinated my selections into a rainbow... See you all next month.

uc
This would make a fun poster.

Sorry for not being able to finish the month, @ranbalam. I want and to spin much of anything the last two weeks, but I hope to be getting back to it soon.

Day 30: Star Wars Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back

Kamasi Washington - The Epic

An opus inspired by a recurring dream Kamasi had about a Guard and the warriors that constantly challenged him.

Anyway, I'm sure nobody noticed but I gave myself a bonus challenge and color-coordinated my selections into a rainbow...

YES! Hooray for bonus challenges!! (I'm sure mine was fairly obvious, this month)
I definitely did not notice in real-time, but it looks great in a collage!

I've given myself bonus challenges for 4 of 5 months this year, and have a couple of options in mind for June depending on what direction @jamieanderson1968 takes with his prompts...

YES! Hooray for bonus challenges!! (I'm sure mine was fairly obvious, this month)
I definitely did not notice in real-time, but it looks great in a collage!

I've given myself bonus challenges for 4 of 5 months this year, and have a couple of options in mind for June depending on what direction @jamieanderson1968 takes with his prompts...

I did notice the Neptunian bent to your selections… ;)

Back