The Dark Side; Digital audio equipment recommendations and setup.

K

I'll try but mostly buying vinyl for non sound quality reasons (mostly for mastering.. so audiophile pressings might still be safe)

I mean: do what you like. But I'm saying there's no point spending money on something you don't think you'll notice.

Also, the act of buying something will never provide more than a momentary burst of endorphins, don't let the impulse control you.

Just received my new Sumiko cart, and got and accidentally snapped the white wire, any guidance on how to repair is greatly appreciated!😭😭😭

Attachments

• 2BDE252C-65C1-41F8-83F3-880943EC290B.jpeg
    2BDE252C-65C1-41F8-83F3-880943EC290B.jpeg
    70 KB · Views: 13
Just received my new Sumiko cart, and got and accidentally snapped the white wire, any guidance on how to repair is greatly appreciated!😭😭😭

Can you post another few pictures? Those are the leads from the headshell correct? You can solder it to fix, but headshell leads are cheap and plentiful, you can find decent ones on ebay.

Have you ever had a desire to learn how to rewire your tonearm? Because that might be easier if what I'm seeing in this picture is correct.

Can you post another few pictures? Those are the leads from the headshell correct? You can solder it to fix, but headshell leads are cheap and plentiful, you can find decent ones on ebay.
Where my old TT had the head shell connectors, the Debut Carbon, seems to have wiring that runs from the cartridge all the way down into the junction box on the bottom.🤔

Attachments

• C189EC4B-DA25-418B-ABAC-32E06D8FF413.jpeg
    C189EC4B-DA25-418B-ABAC-32E06D8FF413.jpeg
    59 KB · Views: 8
  • 29A43002-6071-4C84-851A-2DDA10C4707E.jpeg
    29A43002-6071-4C84-851A-2DDA10C4707E.jpeg
    102.4 KB · Views: 8
Where my old TT had the head shell connectors, the Debut Carbon, seems to have wiring that runs from the cartridge all the way down into the junction box on the bottom.🤔
Sure, I’m game. I assume that’s my best option at this point.

with the debut carbon if you snap them a full arm rewire is the only option sorry! You’ve got to be proper careful with those wires. The best advice I got was when changing carts to use plastic tweezers so they deform first and to only grip the metal connecter, never the joint or the wires, they’re just too fragile.

Sure, I’m game. I assume that’s my best option at this point.
I think that's where you're at. It's not something I've done, but I know it can be done. It likely is going to require some soldering. I would personally be reaching out to tech of some sort, but if you're comfortable with wiring and soldering I think it should be a feasible DIY.

I think that's where you're at. It's not something I've done, but I know it can be done. It likely is going to require some soldering. I would personally be reaching out to tech of some sort, but if you're comfortable with wiring and soldering I think it should be a feasible DIY.
Thanks all! Found a local tech this morning, and think I will go that route, appreciate all of the advice!!..feeling a little better about things.🙃

tbh i think the only reason i'm over reacting like that about not being able to hear the difference in FLAC vs 320 MP3 and DACs is i guess i feel like my hearing is getting very bad (i found out i can only hear 14Khz sine waves at like 80% volume which is WAY too loud for me).. maybe my laptops DAC is actually horrible and my old acer was alright.. i just dont wanna lose my hearing by 25

tbh i think the only reason i'm over reacting like that about not being able to hear the difference in FLAC vs 320 MP3 and DACs is i guess i feel like my hearing is getting very bad (i found out i can only hear 14Khz sine waves at like 80% volume which is WAY too loud for me).. maybe my laptops DAC is actually horrible and my old acer was alright.. i just dont wanna lose my hearing by 25
If you're worried about possible hearing loss, I recommend asking your doctor. They can test your hearing and either set your mind at ease or start treating any issues. Maybe a bit of both.

If you're worried about possible hearing loss, I recommend asking your doctor. They can test your hearing and either set your mind at ease or start treating any issues. Maybe a bit of both.
i dont even have a doctor rn because my family doesn't know what to do with me

and definitely no ear doctor that would really help.. i've had to go to the urgent care when i really needed it and they syringed my ear with water to the point that it hurt

Back