The Creative Writing and Short Stories Thread

debianlinux

Often I have some excerpt of original literary work floating around in my head and I never really get it out. I also often enjoy other people's similar output and expression.

I'll start with something that has been bouncing around for the last bit in the next post. Hopefully I get to see other people drop some inspirations of their own.

Prologue
or
A short exposition on the nature of passion
There was once in this mortal realm two individuals, Nev'aeh and Ranul. While their lives were of ordinary length and appeared to be of ordinary circumstance, they always knew on some level they were no ordinary people. Over the course of this life they always felt some higher calling that they could never quite put their hands around. Little did they know at the time that they were being drawn to each other by an invisible force; a supernatural bond that has been named Fate across the expanse of civilization. Fate brought them together to share their lives, hearts, and dreams with each other.

As they began their journey together, Nev'aeh and Ranul fell deeply in love. They shared moments of intense joy and peaceful contentment, exploring the beauty and mysteries unique to life in the realm of mortals. That higher calling began to crystalize into a palpable understanding that there was vastly more to their existence than what they observed in the physical world alone. Their love for one another galvanized a slow rediscovery of their true selves. They could sense that their love transcended the boundaries of time, life, and even the realms of existence.

They lived out what might easily appear to be ordinary lives. Their bodies aged, their children grew up and had children of their own, and the day came that one of them would have to pass from this mortal coil. Looking into each other's eyes one final long moment as they had countless long moments before they saw the most wondrous emergence. They both had a sudden surge of realization as if awaking from a dream. They were overwhelmed with the comprehension that they were celestial beings who had temporarily abandoned their divine nature for a taste of mortal life.

Nev'aeh was the goddess of love, beauty, and passion. She had a gentle, nurturing spirit and a heart full of kindness. Ranul was the god of justice, wisdom, and knowledge. He was a disciplined and focused deity with a strong sense of purpose and fairness. While both had abilities beyond the mortal realm, they had heretofore been unaware of their true nature.

This new reunion was a glorious one, as they embraced each other and celebrated their true identity. They both laughed and cried, rejoicing in the realization that their love was not just a mortal bond but an essential aspect of their divine nature. Their union became a celebration of love, passion, and the awe-inspiring beauty of their celestial nature. They returned to the heavens, their love stronger than ever, and their bond unbreakable. People to this very day see their twinkling existence in the night sky and feel their own true nature stirring within their hearts.

Prologue
or
A short exposition on the nature of passion
There was once in this mortal realm two individuals, Nev'aeh and Ranul. While their lives were of ordinary length and appeared to be of ordinary circumstance, they always knew on some level they were no ordinary people. Over the course of this life they always felt some higher calling that they could never quite put their hands around. Little did they know at the time that they were being drawn to each other by an invisible force; a supernatural bond that has been named Fate across the expanse of civilization. Fate brought them together to share their lives, hearts, and dreams with each other.

As they began their journey together, Nev'aeh and Ranul fell deeply in love. They shared moments of intense joy and peaceful contentment, exploring the beauty and mysteries unique to life in the realm of mortals. That higher calling began to crystalize into a palpable understanding that there was vastly more to their existence than what they observed in the physical world alone. Their love for one another galvanized a slow rediscovery of their true selves. They could sense that their love transcended the boundaries of time, life, and even the realms of existence.

They lived out what might easily appear to be ordinary lives. Their bodies aged, their children grew up and had children of their own, and the day came that one of them would have to pass from this mortal coil. Looking into each other's eyes one final long moment as they had countless long moments before they saw the most wondrous emergence. They both had a sudden surge of realization as if awaking from a dream. They were overwhelmed with the comprehension that they were celestial beings who had temporarily abandoned their divine nature for a taste of mortal life.

Nev'aeh was the goddess of love, beauty, and passion. She had a gentle, nurturing spirit and a heart full of kindness. Ranul was the god of justice, wisdom, and knowledge. He was a disciplined and focused deity with a strong sense of purpose and fairness. While both had abilities beyond the mortal realm, they had heretofore been unaware of their true nature.

This new reunion was a glorious one, as they embraced each other and celebrated their true identity. They both laughed and cried, rejoicing in the realization that their love was not just a mortal bond but an essential aspect of their divine nature. Their union became a celebration of love, passion, and the awe-inspiring beauty of their celestial nature. They returned to the heavens, their love stronger than ever, and their bond unbreakable. People to this very day see their twinkling existence in the night sky and feel their own true nature stirring within their hearts.

Thank you for sharing this; it's quite lovely.

I'm a hungry reader, am quite proud of my writing ability, and maintain a semi-regular writing practice. But I've never been able to calcify my writing into something I'd feel comfortable sharing with anyone. It's good to know this thread is here if I ever reach that point.

I'll keep reading until then.

Back