The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

not sure. the goal line situations were brutal and im not sure how theyll fix that.
i totally expected to see that Kitchens had taken the timeout just before the failed kick and that the Bills would try again and score. then they would have had one big play in OT to win it.
Chubb is still the best player on O. Hunt did some really nice blocking, something this team has lacked.
Pit will probably kill them. they keep winning games without Ben. they just know how to win i guess.
Ugh i forgot about that 6play goal line disaster, surprised to see not a single qb sneak tried, but yeah, Chubb is our star, Hunt looked good for his first game.

Another week past and another without watching the Bengals. Not supporting their TV ratings, nor will I go to any games this year (except for maybe the Browns/Bengals game in Cleveland?). If this team goes 0-16 it will be the best thing to happen in Cincinnati professional sports in years.

<--------- When even a win doesn't feel right, signed a Bears Fan. 😐

The Lions are a mess. Again and as usual. This Patricia thing isn't going well, and it's not just their record that reflects that. Here in Detroit we knew Tru was going to break his slump against us...just knew it. But I don't think either team is going anywhere this season.

How do you feel about Trubisky? Do you want him benched? Is Chase Daniel the answer, or is it QB to be named later?

The Lions without Stafford have zero chance.

The Lions are a mess. Again and as usual. This Patricia thing isn't going well, and it's not just their record that reflects that. Here in Detroit we knew Tru was going to break his slump against us...just knew it. But I don't think either team is going anywhere this season.

How do you feel about Trubisky? Do you want him benched? Is Chase Daniel the answer, or is it QB to be named later?

The Lions without Stafford have zero chance.
Honestly, I think the coaching staff "Broke" Trubiski, they're trying to use "NFL QB for Dummies" to make him something he's not and in doing so, he's A. Thinking WAY too much and B. Scared of making mistakes that he's been "Coached" on. Our problems are way beyond our QB and coach for that matter, in a city full of die-hard's where the place sells out regularly, the ownership has 0 to worry about as long as they "Look" like their trying. If they would have left Tru alone and just worked on his mentality towards passes not to try making, we'd be set..........but nooooo, we have to take a QB who has proven movement skills and make him a pure pocket QB to the point he panics when he even thinks of rolling out or taking off because he's been "Coached" to not do that.

..........now you got me all in a lather, lol

As for the Lions, I agree with you, it's live by Stafford or die without him.

The Titans-Chiefs games was one of the best of the year. My Titans are just so incosistent, but Tannehill has been respectable since he took over for Marcus.

Not wanting to be a well they also have done shady stuff to us (AB kicking our punter in the face) but Browns fans can tell you about all the concussions Harrison, Palomalu, etc gave our players than laughed about it afterwards. So it was great watching Myles play with such intensity, Rudolph tried to pull Myles helmet off and for some reason Myles exploded and did the unthinkable, lifetime ban, I hope not, but season ending ban definitely. I am also looking at Decastro and Pouncy to be banned for the season, two wrong's don't make a right and by hitting and kicking Myles after the play is also pretty whack.

Typical browns fashion, even when we find a way to win, we lose.

Not wanting to be a well they also have done shady stuff to us (AB kicking our punter in the face) but Browns fans can tell you about all the concussions Harrison, Palomalu, etc gave our players than laughed about it afterwards. So it was great watching Myles play with such intensity, Rudolph tried to pull Myles helmet off and for some reason Myles exploded and did the unthinkable, lifetime ban, I hope not, but season ending ban definitely. I am also looking at Decastro and Pouncy to be banned for the season, two wrong's don't make a right and by hitting and kicking Myles after the play is also pretty whack.

I don't know the history at all. I just think that was inexcusable. It looked like DeCastro was trying to keep Myles and Rudolph apart. And Pouncy definitely did kick Myles when he was down. I saw it as a "how fucking dare you try to kill our QB, I will protect him" kind of action. Worthy of a ban, for sure because even when sticking up for your own team, you don't do that. But I'm not sure a season long one.

Were you there, Bliss? I know you've been to a few games. Just curious what the vibe inside the stadium was like after that happened.

I don't know the history at all. I just think that was inexcusable. It looked like DeCastro was trying to keep Myles and Rudolph apart. And Pouncy definitely did kick Myles when he was down. I saw it as a "how fucking dare you try to kill our QB, I will protect him" kind of action. Worthy of a ban, for sure because even when sticking up for your own team, you don't do that. But I'm not sure a season long one.

Were you there, Bliss? I know you've been to a few games. Just curious what the vibe inside the stadium was like after that happened.
No, I was at home watching and I actually turned the game off with 3mins left in the 4th quarter because it seemed like we had this game won and it was over. Little did I know I would wake up and see the news of what happened. None of what happened was excusable, and I hope I didn't make it seem like it was, that sort of behavior has no place in any sport and not even in real life should people act that aggressively (peace and love for the win). I remember watching Haynesworth stomp someones face with his cleat before and he got 5 games, this was certainly more brutal so I don't know how the league will react, but Myles has been amazing for the community and has been so nice to fans, signing autographs, etc that it all came as a complete shock while watching this.

And it was certainly a 'I'm going to protect my QB mentality' but stooping to that level doesn't make it any better, DeCastro was certainly pinning Myles down while Pouncy was hitting and kicking him.

First time we beat the ravens and steelers in the same season since coming back and we act like jerks, ughhh

Dark comedy at it's finest. The league pours all of its resources into protecting the QB, and a lineman just rips off their helmet and smashes it on their head.

I’ve met (briefly) Myles. He went to school at A&M, where I live. He’s a big dinosaur-loving, poetry-writing nerd. He was known as just being a unique, chill dude. I really don’t think he’s a particularly unstable or dangerous person that deserves some sort of lifetime ban. I think he wasn’t thinking, just when somebody picked a fight with him, he was gonna finish it. And they didn’t just push or shove him, they were trying to take his helmet off and hurt him. I’m not saying his response was a good one, but I don’t think he’s a bad person or deserves to permanently lose his job over it.

No, I was at home watching and I actually turned the game off with 3mins left in the 4th quarter because it seemed like we had this game won and it was over. Little did I know I would wake up and see the news of what happened. None of what happened was excusable, and I hope I didn't make it seem like it was, that sort of behavior has no place in any sport and not even in real life should people act that aggressively (peace and love for the win). I remember watching Haynesworth stomp someones face with his cleat before and he got 5 games, this was certainly more brutal so I don't know how the league will react, but Myles has been amazing for the community and has been so nice to fans, signing autographs, etc that it all came as a complete shock while watching this.

And it was certainly a 'I'm going to protect my QB mentality' but stooping to that level doesn't make it any better, DeCastro was certainly pinning Myles down while Pouncy was hitting and kicking him.

First time we beat the ravens and steelers in the same season since coming back and we act like jerks, ughhh
I didn't take it that you were excusing it. We good. :)

Haynesworth is a POS. And that was kinda before the league is slowly trying to take this all more seriously.

It is good to hear that Myles is active in the community. That makes me think he will learn from this experience and never ever do this again. And perhaps that will be a mitigating factor in determining his punishment.

It is an all around unfortunate incident that was really dangerous and thank goodness didn't result in a serious injury.

This quote doesn't help Miles' cause:
"A win's a win. I don't think it's overshadowed by what happens in eight seconds,"
Because, yeah, it completely overshadows the win.

I'm truly not piling on. I feel you. This says a lot:

I'm a Lions fan, so I do feel a certain amount of your pain. But The Lions' specialty is finding the most creative, head-scratching ways to lose. Fun fact: The Lions are one of only three teams to have had a lead in EVERY SINGLE GAME this year.

This quote doesn't help Miles' cause:
"A win's a win. I don't think it's overshadowed by what happens in eight seconds,"
Because, yeah, it completely overshadows the win.

I'm truly not piling on. I feel you. This says a lot:

I'm a Lions fan, so I do feel a certain amount of your pain. But The Lions' specialty is finding the most creative, head-scratching ways to lose. Fun fact: The Lions are one of only three teams to have had a lead in EVERY SINGLE GAME this year.
You play 60mins for a reason, those 8seconds are going to define our season

Back