The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

Harbaugh is the big rumor but… urghhh… Stephen Ross is also the biggest donor to Michigan.

And then we’re gonna trade for Deshaun Watson because everything is terrible.

I hate this team so much.
So Tua isn't the answer there? There are Lions fans that are still salty because the last regime didn't take Tua instead of Okuda. These (likely) same fans are salty because the new regime didn't take Justin Fields. (Personally I think the pick of Sewell is super solid)

So Tua isn't the answer there? There are Lions fans that are still salty because the last regime didn't take Tua instead of Okuda. These (likely) same fans are salty because the new regime didn't take Justin Fields. (Personally I think the pick of Sewell is super solid)
It ain’t Tua’s fault but the fan base and ownership is fickle.

Urgh, the Dolphins fired Flores?!

They’re really gonna make a play for Watson and Harbaugh, huh? Ewww…

It's interesting because it seemed Watson's willingness to waive his NTC to Miami was, in part, because Flores was there and Flores was someone who wanted Watson.

I've heard rumblings Flores had trouble making connections in Miami - and honestly it seems a lot of coaches in the Belichick tree have trouble with this (Patricia was particularly bad but several others had issues) - but to me if the issues were THAT bad to where you're firing a coach who brought a pretty bad roster to an above .500 finish, why not fire him when they were like 1-7?

It's interesting because it seemed Watson's willingness to waive his NTC to Miami was, in part, because Flores was there and Flores was someone who wanted Watson.

I've heard rumblings Flores had trouble making connections in Miami - and honestly it seems a lot of coaches in the Belichick tree have trouble with this (Patricia was particularly bad but several others had issues) - but to me if the issues were THAT bad to where you're firing a coach who brought a pretty bad roster to an above .500 finish, why not fire him when they were like 1-7?
Reports are that the locker room is upset. Then I’ve heard that Tua and Flores were not on good terms? So much noise. I hate this.

I found this interesting...

For example, you have teams like The Bears and The Bucs; both have only managed to make the playoffs five times during this stretch but Tampa Bay has won 2 Super Bowls. and on the other side of the coin you have teams like the Packers and Seahawks who have made it to playoffs all but a handful of seasons and each franchise has only a single Championship to show for their success.

Alright Bengals fans, I'm rooting for you today. Also Bills, though I don't really care either way there. I'm hyped for the playoffs starting though!
Bengals and Bills are the two I am rooting for as well. They might be the two teams I would be happiest if they won it all. Their fan bases would go nuts.

The Pats are not a good football team right now (defense at least) and the good Bills showed up today so you will probably be okay this week for that.

Edit: like this game sucks as a Pats fan but the catharsis for like…most of the other fan bases has gotta feel amazing

Last edited:
Back