The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

Chiefs finally put together a complete half of football on both sides of the ball. They’ve been super frustrating to watch against the AFC’s best teams this year. They beat up on a couple of sad NFC East teams. They have so much to clean up still.

@Crabbers , its looking bad right now

Kareem Hunt will miss a few weeks ( 4 to 6 )
Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah will miss a few weeks with an ankle injury.
Baker and Odell, they'll gather information over the next few days.
No firm answers on Jack Conklin, Jarvis Landry or some of the other injured players.

Thursday Night games are usually terrible regardless add to that the both teams are amongst the most injured in the NFL complete Shitshow sounds like a very apt assessment.

At least the Browns probably get Jarvis back, thats about it, maybe the LT Wills plays too.
But no Conklin, Hubbard, Chubb, Hunt, Mayfield... Kicker seems to be healthy.

@Rip_City , gonna be a tough test for the Bengals today. ill be rooting for your guys though. i think ill watch that one over Chiefs Titans game.
Thanks.

Honestly, I like the Bengals' chances. Defense has been consistent in late game, and has not given up more than 25 all season. I predict the blueprint for a CIN win requires Joe Mixon to have 100+ scrimmage yards. Although, the secondary of BAL shouldn't intimidate Ja'Marr Chase; he has yet to be locked down in any matchup.

Hoping for a competitive game in a few hours.

Thanks.

Honestly, I like the Bengals' chances. Defense has been consistent in late game, and has not given up more than 25 all season. I predict the blueprint for a CIN win requires Joe Mixon to have 100+ scrimmage yards. Although, the secondary of BAL shouldn't intimidate Ja'Marr Chase; he has yet to be locked down in any matchup.

Hoping for a competitive game in a few hours.

finish them !!

Some good points made by Yates:

Solid performance in notching 5 sacks. Trey Hendrickson is emerging as a defensive centerpiece in the front four. Vonn Bell has been another fruitful FA acquisition. Defense is gelling little by little each week, even when offensive production has not been consistent in each half of games (though they did boat race BAL out of the building with four straight TDs to close the game). Still have not allowed over 25pts in any game this year.

If there was a definition of a statement win for the Bengals this year, yesterday's game was it. A few big plays were given up, but second half adjustments were executed masterfully. They were able to consistently get pressure on a former league MVP and render the opposing RBs ineffective.

How about Ja'Marr Chase, though? Add on another 200 yds + rec TD to jump to 2nd in the NFL in rec yds through Week 7 with six scores. Top 3 candidate for Offensive RotY in my opinion, if not the leader. Could he possibly be AllPro?

Obvious dazzling highlight, of course:

Jets next week. Keep it going.

Last edited:
That aged terribly but the Ratbirds have a hell lot of injuries , probably even more than the Browns.
I don’t know about that…browns are decimated all around but it is def a toss up between the two
Bengals have been healthy up to this point though.

AFC north though is by far the toughest division in football though..2 wildcards could come out of it

Last week's win was completely negated today in an unacceptable losing effort.

I am unable to fathom how a tanking NYJ, coming off the most lopsided loss since the Rich Kotite era, was able to top 500 total offensive yards in the following week and drop 34 on one of the best scoring defenses in the league. All of this with a backup signal caller who hadn't even started a game prior to today, and overcoming three turnovers made as a team.

Though he did tally another TD to his impressive rookie resumé, Ja'Marr Chase was held in check. Ground game was virtually absent. Fourth straight game with an INT for Joe Burrow (and 6 of the last 7), with this one virtually sealing it. There may have been a questionable helmet-to-helmet call at the end but it shouldn't have gotten to that point.

This was really bad:

All this to say, never take anything for granted in the NFL. I never would to begin with, provided the past handful of seasons in Cincy. Still, the team is in a good place and is more than capable of rebounding after a rough loss. Divisional matchup at home against Cleveland next, followed by the bye.

Back