The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

Rodgers is amazing :37 seconds with no time outs was still too much time.

Yeah, I was at the game and it seemed like the entire crowd was celebrating like we won already after we went up by 1 but once I seen that much time left with our rookie DC and extremely banged up secondary I was not feeling super confident at all. You leave that much time on the clock to the Brady's and Rodgers and it's not a good look for the opposing fan base.

In all honesty the overall game was just embarrassing though, Jimmy was awful to say the least and it's the first time i've seen any Shanahan team not have a running game whatsoever but losing 4 backs in 2 weeks does that I guess 😧

Kind of hilarious looking back at week 1 how so many people were talking trash about Rodgers and now 2 weeks later he's once again right up there with the elite of the elite. Surprise, surprise!

I would take the under

Same, it's a team stacked with veterans and i'm sure they would have loved to go undefeated but they're clearly in it for the Super Bowl or nothing and will ramp up more and more as the season goes imo. Pretty sure Antonio Brown is supposed to be back for the Patriots game as well? No way Brady loses his homecoming game and now add the fact they're coming off a loss as well and it's going to be baddddd day for Patriot fans I think.

See? All the Bears needed was a dance with the Lions. Fields wasn't overly impressive but he didn't need to be.
And wow Goff is bad.
If you don't like this, then you don't like Detroit Lions football! 🤣

Sorry, I had to.

Yeah that was ridiculous. A home game against The Lions helps keep the boat afloat. It also helped that Matt Nagy let the OC, Bill Lazor take over play calling duties which led to the Bears running the ball 39 times. They also utilized their fullback and Tight End to help with the pass rush. Next week on the road vs. the Raiders will see if they actually figured some things out or if it was just the home game against The Lions.

So that sucked. A few opportunities to win, but not trusting the ball with Joe Burrow (even after the indefensible INT to begin OT) is what lost the game.

Still haven't allowed 30+ in a game yet (but lots of yardage was given up), so the defense is progressing.

So that sucked. A few opportunities to win, but not trusting the ball with Joe Burrow (even after the indefensible INT to begin OT) is what lost the game.

Still haven't allowed 30+ in a game yet (but lots of yardage was given up), so the defense is progressing.
They had a great pass rush. Kept Rodgers on the move every play.

Back