The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

They just showed a close up slow motion replay of burrow’s injury and yeah the knee pops. At the very least it dislocated. Cincinnati is cursed. Carson Palmer 2.0.

Lions get shut out for the first time since their 0-16 season by a team that just gave up 46. Also, our 12 year veteran QB got beat by an XFL dude. Patricia and Quinn need to go, like now. But the Fords won't fire them because hey, they do have four wins.
Hoping the Texans dismantle them on national TV this Thursday. The odds are good.

I feel for you Cinci folks for sure...I truly hope he can come back 100% next year.

This could be a really interesting game. How does this work if they have no eligible quarterbacks? They have already stated that they will not forfeit the game.
I was talking to my wife about it last night too and we weren’t 100% sure either. I assume they will just run wildcat a lot of the game with Melvin Gordon. They’ve done that a few times this year if I’m not mistaken. A whole game of it will be interesting though. I think they may bring up a QB from the practice squad today and throw him in there to pretty much just hand the ball off or run very basic plays.

This could be a really interesting game. How does this work if they have no eligible quarterbacks? They have already stated that they will not forfeit the game.
I was talking to my wife about it last night too and we weren’t 100% sure either. I assume they will just run wildcat a lot of the game with Melvin Gordon. They’ve done that a few times this year if I’m not mistaken. A whole game of it will be interesting though. I think they may bring up a QB from the practice squad today and throw him in there to pretty much just hand the ball off or run very basic plays.
Looks like former Wake Forest QB Kendall Hinton will be under Center today...

I doubt they could run the wildcat the entire game without working that game plan into their practice for at the very least an entire week. And they only found out the situation on Wednesday.

I did see on ESPN that Hinton has thrown a Touchdown Pass more recently than their opponents starting QB Taysom Hill so there’s that, I guess.

The Broncos vs. Saints game is like watching an Army-Navy football game. They might finish with 100 yards passing combined when this thing wraps.
Watching it right now. Broncos feel absolutely deflated out there and are just getting the ball run down their throats. That entire scoring drive was run Latavius, run Alvin, run Taysom... repeat.

Wow. I knew The Lions were bad I just didn’t realize how bad the HC/GM situation was within the organization. Sound pretty toxic...

There was a writer in Detroit that said back in August of 2018 during Patricia's first camp that he lost the team already and I was pissed, thinking this writer was being incendiary and overly negative and rolling with the 'same old Lions' mantra we have around here. I guess he saw something that was planted then, and clearly grew into something ugly as it went. I do know that Snacks Harrison, Q Diggs and Slay had a LOT to say upon exiting. And they are clearly not alone.

Back