The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

I'd love to see ANYONE destroy Rudolph.

seriously , the future is looking good for the Bengals and hopefully the guy can get a decent O line and doesnt have to throw it 50 times a game. too bad theres those two teams in the division, its really frustrating that they dont seem to slow down.

As a Lions fan, in my life I have watched arguably the best RB ever retire early, then a very talented hall of fame receiver retire early as well. This short article somewhat verifies what we Lions fans all assumed was the case with CJ...and probably Barry as well. Losing and inept management makes our stars want to leave and/or quit the game early.

This quote stings of course:
"Whenever we played Green Bay, whenever Aaron Rodgers was over on our sideline, he would say, 'Hey man, you need to come on over here,'" Johnson recalled. "I said, 'Hey, I wish I could.'"

As a Lions fan, in my life I have watched arguably the best RB ever retire early, then a very talented hall of fame receiver retire early as well. This short article somewhat verifies what we Lions fans all assumed was the case with CJ...and probably Barry as well. Losing and inept management makes our stars want to leave and/or quit the game early.

This quote stings of course:
"Whenever we played Green Bay, whenever Aaron Rodgers was over on our sideline, he would say, 'Hey man, you need to come on over here,'" Johnson recalled. "I said, 'Hey, I wish I could.'"
Megaton and Barry Sanders would arguably be the the most talented players at their respective positions on an imaginary All NFC North/Central Team, yet both felt that Detroit was so fucked they were better off retiring early and this is a conference that contains both The Vikings and The Bears. That says a lot.

Megaton and Barry Sanders would arguably be the the most talented players at their respective positions on an imaginary All NFC North/Central Team, yet both felt that Detroit was so fucked they were better off retiring early and this is a conference that contains both The Vikings and The Bears. That says a lot.

It really does say a lot. This franchise has bucked the odds for futility in so many ways, but one playoff win since 1991 is the toughest of all the bad streaks to deal with. And here we go again with yet another rebuild, because this Quinn and Patricia thing is NOT working.

but one playoff win since 1991 is the toughest of all the bad streaks to deal with. And here we go again with yet another rebuild, because this Quinn and Patricia thing is NOT working.

Uhhh...we don't have one since 1990.
To be fair, the Lions do have a lot of pieces that are in place, but RB still seems to be one that hasn't panned out long term. Stafford is on the back nine and same with many of their offensive skill positions.

Last edited:
Idk if it's better to never have success, or always being a contender and falling just short in heartbreaking losses. Packers would have passed on signing Megatron anyways if they had the chance. They hate adding weapons for Rodgers that don't come off the practice squad.

Uhhh...we don't have one since 1990.
To be fair, the Lions do have a lot of pieces that are in place, but RB still seems to be one that hasn't panned out long term. Stafford is on the back nine and same with many of their offensive skill positions.

The defense is really bad; no stars, just role player type guys. The O line is in good shape and young, so I have hope that the next QB will step into a decent situation, because I agree about Stafford. He's been here 12 years, and he seems kind of checked out right now.

Wow, I had no idea it had been that long for The Bengals getting a playoff W. They have made it to a couple Super Bowls, so you have that! (I know, it's of little consolation)

My need for starting Taysom Hill to blow up in Sean Payton's face has me more invested in any football game since the Eagle's Superbowl.
I’m a diehard saints fan and my interest in this season has reached an all time high w Taysom Hill helming the offense now, it might be a disaster, might be a great success, it will most certainly be good fun to watch

I’m a diehard saints fan and my interest in this season has reached an all time high w Taysom Hill helming the offense now, it might be a disaster, might be a great success, it will most certainly be good fun to watch
Obviously he's a great coach, but Payton outsmarting himself is my favorite yearly football tradition. Plus, there's still some karma due there for subjecting us to that horrible PI challenge rule last year.

Obviously he's a great coach, but Payton outsmarting himself is my favorite yearly football tradition. Plus, there's still some karma due there for subjecting us to that horrible PI challenge rule last year.
I mean that was karma to us being robbed of a super bowl appearance on a blatant PI call. 🤷🏽

I mean that was karma to us being robbed of a super bowl appearance on a blatant PI call. 🤷🏽
Saints could have just stopped the other team from getting into field goal range with 90 seconds left in the game or scored when they got the ball first in OT instead of subjecting all NFL fans to a universally despised challenge rule.

Back