The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

Marty Shottenheimer era was basically all about being great in the regular season and then getting spanked (usually at Arrowhead) in the playoffs. Derrick Thomas though was fun to watch.

Also Dick Vermeil kinda did the same thing with those Priest Holmes, Tony Gonzalez and “the human joystick” Dante Hall teams. Awesome regular seasons followed by playoff choke jobs.

this is spot on. The chiefs have had some great teams that choked in the playoffs. Mahomes is the first first round quarterback we’ve taken since Todd Blackledge in 1983. Blackledge was selected ahead of Dan Marino and Jim Kelly which is depressing. Finally taking a QB in the first round and have him be a potential GOAT makes it so much sweeter.

I don't think Patricia can last the season. These guys aren't playing hard for him...and that's after an almost complete roster turnover on defense. And they have an 11 game losing streak going.

It doesn't help that Staffy was lousy today too.

I don't think Patricia can last the season. These guys aren't playing hard for him...and that's after an almost complete roster turnover on defense. And they have an 11 game losing streak going.

It doesn't help that Staffy was lousy today too.
Yeah, I wonder if he will canned first. Adam Gase isn’t gonna be around much longer either.

Yeah, I wonder if he will canned first. Adam Gase isn’t gonna be around much longer either.

Lions brass is notoriously slow with change...I won't be floored if he's still here at 0-4.

This franchise is a coach killing machine. No coach has left here and gotten another NFL HC position since....ummm...it has to be like a half century ago.

Lions brass is notoriously slow with change...I won't be floored if he's still here at 0-4.

This franchise is a coach killing machine. No coach has left here and gotten another NFL HC position since....ummm...it has to be like a half century ago.
I liked Jim Caldwell. Is Jim Bob Cooter still with the franchise? They could promote him.

I liked Jim Caldwell. Is Jim Bob Cooter still with the franchise? They could promote him.

Caldwell was good, not great. The organization felt they wanted to get the next level so the '9-7 isn't good enough' press conference brought us Patricia. He's 9-24-1.

Cooter was fired in favor of Bevel, who has been ok. Thinking Bevel would be interim IF they fire MP.

Insane day. SF definitely got hit hard today.

Back