The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

Also planning on taking a NOLA trip if that game next season falls on a good date.

Same! The Packers are my favorite not-Saints team so I feel like I need to be there.

Yes, but did you beat the Saints, or did they beat themselves?

This is a valid question for at least half of their losses. Other teams don't beat the Saints (except for the Falcons this year, which I don't acknowledge). Either the Saints beat the Saints, or the refs beat the Saints.

maybe @tvham can tell us more, but before this year everyone wanted him gone
Let’s just say his stock went way up this year with the added talent to our D. I like him personally but wouldn’t count it a huge loss if he leaves, for the most part his second half in game adjustments this year have been mediocre at best.

Let’s just say his stock went way up this year with the added talent to our D. I like him personally but wouldn’t count it a huge loss if he leaves, for the most part his second half in game adjustments this year have been mediocre at best.

Haven't followed the 49ers as intensely as the browns but the games/clips I've seen made it seem like the players respect him and he commands respect for the game. Being able to make adjustments is crucial to being a head coach so if he is just mediocre that is a bit of a concern. I don't get paid to make these decisions to I would normall say the higher ups know what they are doing, but it's the browns, Haslem is probably out in the streets asking more homeless people who he should hire.

Yes, but did you beat the Saints, or did they beat themselves? They played terribly. At the end of the game, I was yelling at the TV to just put Taysom in at QB. Something was really broken yesterday.

I would say that yes we did beat them. We stuffed the run and our pass rush was consistently getting to Brees (likely causing the trouble you think Brees was having all game). Our offense also played well enough to win.

I love shit talking with sports as much as everybody...
...sucks when you're sitting there quiet all game.
Story checks out.

Look, I don't doubt some people gave you a hard time and I'm sorry. I'm the type of person who hates any type of confrontation so I don't talk any smack to any opposing fan, whether it's home or away. Except Dodgers fans, they are the worst (kidding) ((kind of))

WOOT!!! USWNT is a team I can get behind, and they don't disappoint...unlike OTHER TEAMS we will not name...

Yes, but did you beat the Saints, or did they beat themselves? They played terribly. At the end of the game, I was yelling at the TV to just put Taysom in at QB. Something was really broken yesterday.

If you come down, you'll have to look some of us NOLA peeps up. I haven't been record hunting in the city in quite a while.
Same! The Packers are my favorite not-Saints team so I feel like I need to be there.

This is a valid question for at least half of their losses. Other teams don't beat the Saints (except for the Falcons this year, which I don't acknowledge). Either the Saints beat the Saints, or the refs beat the Saints.
I would say that yes we did beat them. We stuffed the run and our pass rush was consistently getting to Brees (likely causing the trouble you think Brees was having all game). Our offense also played well enough to win.

So yeah, the Saints were not good yesterday and they did themselves no favors. But it does take away from the Vikings performance. They effing decimated the Saints O line. And the secondary.

I'm really getting sick of the Saints missing out on winning in the playoffs because of the "refs". Sure, there have been some very bad calls. But that happens throughout the NFL, not just to the Saints. You want to know how to make sure you win despite the refs? You put up more points so that the game doesn't come down to 1 possession. Take it out of the refs hands to have that much influence over the game. The Saints have been unable to do that. They need to stop whining about the refs and instead focus on what they can do to put up more points.

-signed a disgruntled Who Dat

So yeah, the Saints were not good yesterday and they did themselves no favors. But it does take away from the Vikings performance. They effing decimated the Saints O line. And the secondary.

I'm really getting sick of the Saints missing out on winning in the playoffs because of the "refs". Sure, there have been some very bad calls. But that happens throughout the NFL, not just to the Saints. You want to know how to make sure you win despite the refs? You put up more points so that the game doesn't come down to 1 possession. Take it out of the refs hands to have that much influence over the game. The Saints have been unable to do that. They need to stop whining about the refs and instead focus on what they can do to put up more points.

-signed a disgruntled Who Dat

I was joking, didn't mean to cause any angst with my mention of the refs.

Story checks out.

Look, I don't doubt some people gave you a hard time and I'm sorry. I'm the type of person who hates any type of confrontation so I don't talk any smack to any opposing fan, whether it's home or away. Except Dodgers fans, they are the worst (kidding) ((kind of))
No need for you to apologize! I'm sure it's cause I was in the upper deck with all the rif raf

Back