Tekton vs Zu vs Linton vs ?

JohnnyCashFan

I see there are a few Tekton users here. I have been reading up on the Lore and models in this price range, there also seem to be fan of Zu Audio as well. I been looking at efficient speakers, however, I do not want anything too bright.

Please pass along your opinions. Thanks!

Last edited:
At that price gotta put the Wharfdale Lintons in there! Bought them on the back of @HiFi Guy review thread and they are really great, exactly the sound profile you describe.

Please kindly pass along that review. Comments on Tekton and Zu still welcome of course.

It’s a thread in the this equipment sub forum. This is the link

I also found this what hifi review really helpful as well.

Not sure Linton will work on my vintage McIntosh amp, which is 40W and does not go below 4ohm.

Last edited:
Im running them happily with a pair of 40W tube amps and they run out of a 4 ohm tap as the nominal impedance is 6 ohm with a low of 3.7 ohm.

Good to know, some forum chat reports the speakers dip below to 4ohm in the low end, and this can really tax a amp.

You are talking 3.7 ohms minimum at one frequency. There’s no harm running them off of the 4 ohm tap on a tube amp.

Thanks for chiming in @HiFi Guy My McIntosh is solid state and does this 4/8 ohm thing on its own (sorry do not know the term) so I'm just worried the nominal 6 ohm and drop below 4 might not be a good combination.

From everything I have read though they seem like they are wonderful speakers.

Thanks for chiming in @HiFi Guy My McIntosh is solid state and does this 4/8 ohm thing on its own (sorry do not know the term) so I'm just worried the nominal 6 ohm and drop below 4 might not be a good combination.

From everything I have read though they seem like they are wonderful speakers.
Your McIntosh will be fine. I’d have no hesitation running these with a Mac.

I see there are a few Tekton users here. I have been reading up on the Lore and models in this price range, there also seem to be fan of Zu Audio as well. I been looking at efficient speakers, however, I do not want anything too bright.

Please pass along your opinions. Thanks!
Which Heritage speakers are you running currently? As a Klipsch fan, I've got a bit of a soft spot for the Zus. They don't have the same punch and dynamics as the bigger Heritage speakers, but they look great and really do vocals beautifully.

Which Heritage speakers are you running currently? As a Klipsch fan, I've got a bit of a soft spot for the Zus. They don't have the same punch and dynamics as the bigger Heritage speakers, but they look great and really do vocals beautifully.
This is a older thread btw, I went with 78' Cornwall's below. Have the JEM xover kits, will be trying them over winter. They are more a music lovers speaker than a audiophile one IMO.

I also demoed the Linton's, but they were just a tad laid back for me. Still they are a very good deal and much loved and used around here.

This is a older thread btw, I went with 78' Cornwall's below. Have the JEM xover kits, will be trying them over winter. They are more a music lovers speaker than a audiophile one IMO.

I also demoed the Linton's, but they were just a tad laid back for me. Still they are a very good deal and much loved and used around here.
That's right! I was jealous of the Cornwalls, I recall.

I don't really have a good sense of the distinction between music lovers' speakers and audiophile speakers, but I always had a sense that the larger Klipsch speakers were revealing almost to a fault. Stuff like the Lintons and even the Zus lend a bit more coloration, more emphasis on smooth presentation even if that means papering over the original recordings a bit.

Can't speak to the Tektons, though I've heard good things.

I have a pair of Zu Soul Supremes running off a Bottlehead Kaiju. I have an old thread on this board that discusses the building of the amp. It's called, "Bottlehead and Zu," if you want to check it out.
The Soul Supremes are 16 ohms, which might be a problem with some amps.
I've been loving the sound quality, but I've never cranked them past 15%. They'll probably wake the neighborhood.

Last edited:
Back