Spin The Black Circle - The Pearl Jam Thread

Grand total to preorder the vinyl edition of Gigaton from the website: $50.31

giphy.gif

Grand total to preorder the vinyl edition of Gigaton from the website: $50.31

giphy.gif

I'm gonna have to hear it first. Imagine if you had paid $50 for Backspacer. I might have paid a premium if they released a version of that without Johnny Guitar.

I'm gonna have to hear it first. Imagine if you had paid $50 for Backspacer. I might have paid a premium if they released a version of that without Johnny Guitar.
Haha! I actually dig Johnny Guitar and Backspacer as an album, but I don't know that I can justify shelling out $50 for a new PJ record or almost any single album for that matter.

Hitting San Diego for sure. Venue is 10 minutes from my house and they always put on a great (almost) hometown show. Probably hit at least one of the Forum shows as well.
I'll do whatever it takes to get into the Garden (which given that they're only doing one night might mean selling some body parts). Also scheming around a Yankees/Orioles x PJ double header in Baltimore.

I'll do whatever it takes to get into the Garden (which given that they're only doing one night might mean selling some body parts). Also scheming around a Yankees/Orioles x PJ double header in Baltimore.

I'm curious what the 10c looks like for active members these days. I'd imagine a number of people dropped out over the years of limited US touring. San Diego is a small venue -12k or so, that'll be a tough ticket too.

I'm curious what the 10c looks like for active members these days. I'd imagine a number of people dropped out over the years of limited US touring. San Diego is a small venue -12k or so, that'll be a tough ticket too.
Historically, odds for the MSG shows have ended up in the low single digits, and that's when they were doing two shows at a time. Baltimore will be tough as well since there's no Philly show scheduled. I'd expect the CA shows to be a bit easier, but the midwest shows will definitely have the best odds.

It's possible that some members dropped, but apparently the chatter/rumors over the last month or so made it onto Facebook and a bunch of new folks were signing up for memberships.

I'm not giving them any more of my money until they send me the 2 ten club singles i paid for years ago.
I guess I understand that position w/r/t buying the vinyl record, but does that principle extend to concert tickets? If so that is a tough stance to take...

Decided on San Diego & LA 1/16. Odds look excellent for seats for both, GA a little tighter. hoping for GA for San Diego though. Back in 2013 I got GA, ended up 1 back on Mike's side, and ended up with a few good pics...
IMG_6087.JPGIMG_6110.JPGIMG_6113.JPG

Decided on San Diego & LA 1/16. Odds look excellent for seats for both, GA a little tighter. hoping for GA for San Diego though. Back in 2013 I got GA, ended up 1 back on Mike's side, and ended up with a few good pics...
View attachment 29391View attachment 29393View attachment 29394
Excellent; good luck. I'm stuck out east in the MSG/Baltimore scrum, but between the fact that they appear to have gotten loads of seats for the fan club lottery and these price-capped exchanges they're setting up (though who knows how that will go) I'm pretty optimistic. Traveling to CA wouldn't have worked for me this time but it's an option I'm going to look for in the future given how much more favorable the odds seem out there.

Excellent; good luck. I'm stuck out east in the MSG/Baltimore scrum, but between the fact that they appear to have gotten loads of seats for the fan club lottery and these price-capped exchanges they're setting up (though who knows how that will go) I'm pretty optimistic. Traveling to CA wouldn't have worked for me this time but it's an option I'm going to look for in the future given how much more favorable the odds seem out there.

Yeah, seems that they've really worked well w/ Ticketmaster for this tour (who would've thought!). I'm curious if the Verified Fan Presale will let us get additional tix, even if we get our 10c allotment. The Verified fan allows for up to 4 tickets and I've got a few friends that want tix as well.

Yeah, seems that they've really worked well w/ Ticketmaster for this tour (who would've thought!). I'm curious if the Verified Fan Presale will let us get additional tix, even if we get our 10c allotment. The Verified fan allows for up to 4 tickets and I've got a few friends that want tix as well.
I'm in the same boat - as the "Pearl Jam Guy" I started getting the emails and texts within 10 minutes after the tour announcement with friends looking to go. My bet is that you'll still be able to buy 4 in the VF sale even if you've won 10C tickets. I don't know that for sure, but that's my guess.

Basically I tell my friends that if they want to go, they need to sign up for the Verified Fan presale and be prepared to pitch in when it goes live. Need as many hands as we can get.

Back