Sexy M.F.'ers...The Prince Fan Thread

Speak of the devil! They just charged me!
How did you give them your card info? I keep getting invoices sent to me and I’m not sure about sharing card info via email. I’ve bought a prepaid MasterCard and gave them the info but it was declined. I also sent them virtual card info that connects to my actual credit card. They said they received the info last week but still nothing showing on my card.

According to the linked source (an article in French) , the following albums/sets may see its release this year.

1. Rerelease of "Crystal Ball" (and possibly the acoustic album "The truth") and maybe the instrumental "Kamasutra" set, by Sony
2. Welcome 2 America (unreleased studio album from 2011), by Sony
3.Diamonds & Pearls (Super Deluxe Set including Vault stuff). If I got it correctly it's distributed by Sony in the US and by Warner in the rest of the world?

The way I understand it Crystal Ball may be available in April, Welcome 2 America around June/July and the Diamonds & Pearls set around October, if everything goes as planned.
Maybe someone whose French is better than mine, can say what else the article suggests.

I hope it's true and am looking forward to these releases, especially to the unreleased Prince tracks. 💜

Link

Last edited:
How did you give them your card info? I keep getting invoices sent to me and I’m not sure about sharing card info via email. I’ve bought a prepaid MasterCard and gave them the info but it was declined. I also sent them virtual card info that connects to my actual credit card. They said they received the info last week but still nothing showing on my card.
Yea, I just sent the info to their CS via email. I only got the one invoice and then nothing so I pinged them on how to complete the purchase.

According to the linked source (an article in French) , the following albums/sets may see its release this year.

3.Diamonds & Pearls (Super Deluxe Set including Vault stuff). If I got it correctly it's distributed by Sony in the US and by Warner in the rest of the world?

Link
I just want a nice pressing of Diamonds & Pearls like they did with SOTT. A super deluxe set is cool as well but give me my one disc!

1. Rerelease of "Crystal Ball" (and possibly the acoustic album "The truth") and maybe the instrumental "Kamasutra" set, by Sony
2. Welcome 2 America (unreleased studio album from 2011), by Sony

The way I understand it Crystal Ball may be available in April, Welcome 2 America around June/July and the Diamonds & Pearls set around October, if everything goes as planned.
Maybe someone whose French is better than mine, can say what else the article suggests.

I hope it's true and am looking forward to these releases, especially to the unreleased Prince tracks. 💜

Link
Was anyone else in the Prince fan club when they originally released Crystal Ball on CD? I'm having nightmarish flashbacks of that whole year-long fiasco.

LOL

Was anyone else in the Prince fan club when they originally released Crystal Ball on CD? I'm having nightmarish flashbacks of that whole year-long fiasco.

LOL
I wasn't a member of the NPG Club back then as I was still a teenager at that time and didn't have acces to a credit card back then. However, I was able to pick up the Crystal Ball CD set at some record store shortly after. I'm still enjoying that set and if it gets out on vinyl I would try to buy it.

Mostly I'm excited to listen to the "Welcome 2 America" album though. I'd love to know what he was working on the last years of his life. Also I'd love to hear the "Black is the new Black" album he seems to have recorded in late 2015/early 2016.

I wasn't a member of the NPG Club back then as I was still a teenager at that time and didn't have acces to a credit card back then. However, I was able to pick up the Crystal Ball CD set at some record store shortly after. I'm still enjoying that set and if it gets out on vinyl I would try to buy it.

Mostly I'm excited to listen to the "Welcome 2 America" album though. I'd love to know what he was working on the last years of his life. Also I'd love to hear the "Black is the new Black" album he seems to have recorded in late 2015/early 2016.
As a teenager myself during that time, I 100% used my dad's card to join the club and pre-order it. I didn't have to steal his card info as my Dad is also a huge Prince-nerd so he was more than happy to give it to me. HA!

So for those of us who paid and pre-ordered through the fan club, we got to see the rest of the world pick up theirs in person at stores when they hit the shelves while we waiting just short of a year for those pre-orders to arrive. It was....not the best.

But I agree with you, Welcome 2 America would be choice. I'm still over here hoping for an official release of Playtime by Versace. One can dream, I suppose.

Here we are, mid-march, and still no more details on crystal ball. I'm wondering if it's going to be delayed.
Yes that's a shame. Hopefully just delayed and not cancelled. On the prince.org I've seen someone saying there wouldn't be any Sony re-releases this year, probably because of Covid. Hopefully that's not true.

Allegedly it's planned to release "The Truth" as a Record Store Day release in June.

" RSD release. "The Truth" by @prince. Sony Legacy issue. June release. Official announcement release to follow at some point.
Safe to say the next Sony Legacy reissue will be "Crystal Ball" with "The Truth" being a stand alone release."

Not sure how reliable this source is

Source

Allegedly it's planned to release "The Truth" as a Record Store Day release in June.

" RSD release. "The Truth" by @prince. Sony Legacy issue. June release. Official announcement release to follow at some point.
Safe to say the next Sony Legacy reissue will be "Crystal Ball" with "The Truth" being a stand alone release."

Source
NIIIIIIICE!

Consider me appropriately hyphy

Source
I love The Truth. Please be wider than a RSD exclusive. I hate the crap of paying over the odds online every year

Dr. Funkenberry...how could it not be reliable? That's not sarcasm. If I want someone to be in the know about Prince releases, I want them to have a name like that. Then I know they're down for the cause.
HAHA! They've nailed a decent number of releases in the past, for sure. However, there's been a couple misses too if I remember correctly.

But Dr. Funkenberry is usually pretty reliable

Back