Secretly Society

Damn, this Richard Swift is really beautiful - so well done. Unfortunately, mine is badly warped and has surface noise throughout side A. Also, my download code doesn't even work. I've had great experiences with Secretly, so hoping this is just a one off. That said, after canceling VMP for good I was hoping this month would be free of headaches. Hoping Secretly will come through with a replacement.

Damn, this Richard Swift is really beautiful - so well done. Unfortunately, mine is badly warped and has surface noise throughout side A. Also, my download code doesn't even work. I've had great experiences with Secretly, so hoping this is just a one off. That said, after canceling VMP for good I was hoping this month would be free of headaches. Hoping Secretly will come through with a replacement.
They usually do. I had 2 or 3 months in a row once where I got a bad pressing and they were all replaced hassle free.

They were great with the one I had an issue with.

Secretly is sending out a replacement, so indeed, no worries there.

For anyone else wondering about the digital downloads for Richard Swift, they won't be available until the end of January. Secretly Society getting a sneak peak via the vinyl release.

We haven't really discussed the actual music of this record, but I'm really enjoying it. Wasn't too familiar with Swift other than his presence on other projects. This is good stuff though. Already spun it a couple times.

We haven't really discussed the actual music of this record, but I'm really enjoying it. Wasn't too familiar with Swift other than his presence on other projects. This is good stuff though. Already spun it a couple times.

came here to post the same, the trumpets on Ballad of Old What's His Name sound so freaking good. this one will be a frequent spin. also love that the crowd noise isn't super loud until the end.

So I discovered that the Secretly Store has a UK-store option now. So what's the deal with that? Does this mean an option to ship from UK? That would mean a lot since the customs fee is really steep here in Sweden, and UK packages at least for now doesn't need to go through customs. Anybody know?

So I discovered that the Secretly Store has a UK-store option now. So what's the deal with that? Does this mean an option to ship from UK? That would mean a lot since the customs fee is really steep here in Sweden, and UK packages at least for now doesn't need to go through customs. Anybody know?
I am a UK customer. Where did you see that? Have to say even with occasional customs charges it’s still way cheaper than buying from the UK.

I am a UK customer. Where did you see that? Have to say even with occasional customs charges it’s still way cheaper than buying from the UK.
Secretly.png

I agree that it is pretty cheap, but In Sweden we have a 80SEK (about €8) fee per package just for it passing through customs. And Secretly also tend to register I higher price than I actually paid on the customs declaration which also hikes up the tax. For example, I ordered 5 items from the BF sale last year which I paid 55 bucks for in total in addition to the AOTM, and they were shipped I two separate AOTM packages with their original price on the declaration, which hiked up the customs and tax total to about 50€. So I almost paid as much in customs as I did for the records themselves.

Still with current exchange rates (a dollar is about 8SEK, a pound is about 12SEK), it may still be cheaper to take the US version with additional customs charges in the end

View attachment 75138

I agree that it is pretty cheap, but In Sweden we have a 80SEK (about €8) fee per package just for it passing through customs. And Secretly also tend to register I higher price than I actually paid on the customs declaration which also hikes up the tax. For example, I ordered 5 items from the BF sale last year which I paid 55 bucks for in total in addition to the AOTM, and they were shipped I two separate AOTM packages with their original price on the declaration, which hiked up the customs and tax total to about 50€. So I almost paid as much in customs as I did for the records themselves.

Still with current exchange rates (a dollar is about 8SEK, a pound is about 12SEK), it may still be cheaper to take the US version with additional customs charges in the end
Ah I see the option now. Comparing prices like for like it’s still around £4-5 cheaper to order from the USA. curiously the UK prices don’t mention any member discount.
a yearly subscription is $300 which is around £226. Buying from the UK site is £200 so that might swing it for me.
having said that I renewed my subscription last year as part of the BF sale and it was something like $225 so still even cheaper than this UK version.
have to see if there are any offers and pick what is cheapest. But yeah cuztoms charges can add up.
also in my experience localised versions never seem to have the same benefits with regards to free shipping etc. So have to see if the UK version carries exact same Benefits.

New Shame! And I don't have to worry about pre ordering it!View attachment 75312
Never heard of this band but streamed the two available singles and they sound fanfuckintastic. Don't have anything like this in my collection, this might have to be my first addition! Just re-upped for another 3 months! Mary Lattimore was epic, Richard Swift was a pleasant surprise, S. Carey sounds lovely and calming, and this is gonna punch January right tf up. I've really loved Secretly Society the last 4 months!

Never heard of this band but streamed the two available singles and they sound fanfuckintastic. Don't have anything like this in my collection, this might have to be my first addition! Just re-upped for another 3 months! Mary Lattimore was epic, Richard Swift was a pleasant surprise, S. Carey sounds lovely and calming, and this is gonna punch January right tf up. I've really loved Secretly Society the last 4 months!
Songs of Praise is definitely worth a listen too.

Hard agree. These last 4-5 selections Secretly is basically wandering around inside my musical tastes and making pit stops at various hot spots.

Back